UN against the U.S. and Great Britian

by BillyBob 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BillyBob
    BillyBob

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum but have lurked for over four years! In fact I've never even posted on an internet board before,

so please go easy on me. I'm not sure if this has been discussed already but I've been thinking alot about this situation lately.

From what I remember of Watchtower thinking, the "Anglo-American" world rulers are the ones that manipulate and give power

to the 8th world ruler i.e. the U.N. Today it was announced that France, Germany, and Russia will almost definitely oppose U.N.

support for a war in Iraq. This seems to me to go against everything I was taught on the subject. From what I remember (been out

about 4 years), the U.N. is set up to do the bidding of the last world power. I just wonder if some JW's are scratching their heads and

saying, " hey this isn't supposted to be happening". I know I would. And I know a few of my old freinds are probably doing the same thing.

What if the Anglo-American power dismisses the U.N. and calls the body irrelevant and attacks unilaterally? Do you think that might give

some within the organisation pause?

BillyBob

I hate to admit it but I really do miss YOU KNOW

• Satanus
    Satanus

Welcome Billy

If the beast that healed from a mortal wound gets another mortal wound, the older dubs will no doubt be scratching their heads a bit. The younger, newer ones won't be concerned. For youknow this development wouldn't be the slightest problem. If he can't do a mental acrobatic shake shimmy shuffle, he just totally ignores tough questions.

SS

• JH
    JH

Welcome BillyBob

Nice to have you here with us.

Many things the JW's told us didn't happen. Themselves, don't know what to think anymore.

• freeman
    freeman

It must be kind of hard to be a JW for any stretch of time and realizing that now it’s ok to be transfused with cleansed cows blood, and that “generation” doesn’t mean what it once did, or that “1975” is now a year of no particular significance.

Even the good old reliable “kings of the north and south” mean virtually nothing since their identity keeps changing. Well at least they can take some measure of comfort knowing that the wicked men of Sodom will, won’t, will, won’t, will, won’t be resurrected to share paradise.

Welcome to the board BillyBob.

Freeman

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi BillyBob and welcome from one Newbie to another!

Great first post. No doubt some "new light" would be emitted from the GB if the UN were to dissolve. It's got more tricks than Tommy Cooper - and all just as bad!

Where you from (countrywise)?

(NB: Tommy Cooper: a brilliant (late) English comedian who frequently took the stage as an extremely poor magician - and made your guts ache he was so funny!)

• metatron
    metatron

No, it won't have any effect on Witless --oops! Witnesses.

No amount of facts should ever have any effect on Witnesses because "truth" is determined by whatever the Watchtower

says - not science, history, logic or reason. Once you surrender your God-given powers of reason to a cult, facts simply

bounce off a closed ( and empty) mind.

I swear that if a UFO landed and introduced themselves on the Whitehouse lawn, Witnesses would be told it was all

a demonic illusion and to keep putting their field service time in because the End is obviously Soon.

What also contributes to factual immunity amoung Witnesses is the progressing 'brain- drain' of the organization.

They must "simplify" arrangements, dumb down the magazines and Ministry School - and downsize Bethel

- in part because low (i.e. unintelligent) productivity is catching up with them.

metatron

• BillyBob
    BillyBob

Dansk,

I was an army brat, so you name it I've at least been close to it. Did'nt join the JW's until after I started dating a "bad" JW girl, who eventually became my wife. We both left at the same time and now live in the beautiful desert of Arizona.

BillyBob

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well done BillyBob - say 'Hello' to your good wife for me.

I'm in Manchester, England. What's it like living in a desert?

By the way, Manchester is the best city in England and where all us intellectuals interlectuals intelecktools intelligent people live

Lovely meeting you!

Dansk, Physio and family

• hoyle
    hoyle

Good observation BB

Regardless of whether the US does nothing and UNR 1441 goes unenforced or whether the US attacks despite a SC vetoe, the UN has arguably become irrelavant. Neither scenario will fit JW theology.

Tom

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""It must be kind of hard to be a JW for any stretch of time and realizing that now it’s ok to be transfused with cleansed cows blood, and that “generation” doesn’t mean what it once did, or that “1975” is now a year of no particular significance. ""

Very powerful point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit