Agression @ latest Broadcasting

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Thanks for the link Skin. I downloaded and watched the entire video. I must say it was cleverly done. Numerous emotional buttons were pushed as they portrayed themselves deceptively as something they are not. It is easy to see how people who are not familiar with TTATT can easily get sucked in by their skillful manipulations.

Did the glass actually get broken? I dunno. Saw the act of throwing it down, perhaps onto an out of sight pillow, and heard the sound of glass breaking, but suspect it was probably just an act. A simple process with video editing software.

Satan too plays the role quite effectively as an Angel of Light. The Cult have learned their lessons well.

• jambon1
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Yes, I have to say the expression on his face said it all.

Ray Franz talked about the "velvet glove over an iron fist", but here the velvet glove slipped off for a moment.

This is the true heart of the Organization.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Gorbatchov4 days ago

I see the aggression very clearly! The GB are simply following the pattern portrayed by their violent, blood thirsty god jehober in the bible! If it isn't specifically something for jehober, seek and destroy it! Slay them unbelievers!

just saying!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I see as a sign that these guys are getting very desperate and they see higher/paid for education being evil that must avoided at all costs.

I'm sure they are feeling their demise is a possibility due to people getting more knowledge and so are pulling out all the stops to fight for their survival as a corporation for as many years as possible. They must be at a wits end trying to save their sinking worldwide empire(Titanic).

• erandir
    erandir

This is my first post in a while...bear with me.

I don't understand. I don't think he looked angry at all when "smashing" the malformed glass on the floor. (Londo, I think he's not used to the physical exertion, so that is why the facial expression...lol) Also, I don't think they actually smashed the glass. Just tossed it down into a cushioned box and had the sound effects department mix a breaking-glass sound in (a simple trick, really). I don't imagine they want a mess like that to clean up or to create an unsafe working condition with all that broken glass everywhere. But that's just my point of view. I've been free of the organization for about 14 years now, so I feel practically like an outsider now. But viewing this video for the first time after reading most of the above thread, I really don't see what aggression or anger there is in that scene at 21:10. I get what y'all are saying, though. However, I don't see how anyone still trapped in the troof is going to see your point of view, though.

By the way, when did the halls install ginormous tv screens and start up these "broadcasts" thingies? I was driving past our local hall yesterday and happened to see a congregation watching a tv screen, and I was all like "what the...? they have screens? really?" Ironically, I was driving home from an evening class...otherwise known as "higher education" precisely what was being talked about...paid for by my workplace. ha. But anyway, trying to get an answer to that question about when did they start putting screens in the halls was why I logged into j-w.com after so long.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

It's like giving birth to a child who may have a disability. Are we then to just smash them like the wine glass?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

erandir, the aggression is that he is basically saying that you will be the glass if you don't listen to what he says and then he smashes it on the ground. This is a particularly striking example when you consider the fact that they believe they, the anointed, will be part of Jehovah's Army at Armageddon killing unbelievers and wrongdoers. He could very well have said: watch what I'm going to do to you if you don't obei!!

• sir82
    sir82

Apropos of nothing, I find Flodin to be equal parts creepy and smarmy. This broadcast merely reinforced that perception.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit