Does anyone pray and if so to who?

by duc007az 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I do not pray to a wall. I pray to Jehovah, the God of the Bible. He answers my prayers, especially when I need Him as a deliverer or comforter. Many times though, He does not give me what I ask Him, but He always lets me know that He has heard my prayer.

Why He allows suffering of humans and animals, my mind and heart is not able to understand. However, I do understand, that I want relief from those that oppress me.

"And he hath brought upon them their own iniquity, And will cut them off in their own wickedness; Jehovah our God will cut them off". -Psalms 94:23 ASV
  • The Marvster
    The Marvster
    Last time I prayed was about in April this year, just once... and it was to end any possible relationship I could have had with the person I was taught was called Jehovah... I said all I needed to say, all the things I had been too afriad to say over the years, and that was that... it wasn't too difficult as I hadn't prayed for a few years, and before that, most of my prayers were purely procedure and hardly heartfelt.... I had just finished reading an interesting booked called 'Firing God', and without really realising it, that's what I did in that prayer.... funnily enough the next day, I genuinly was 'worried' as if a bolt of lightning would come out of the sky, or some gruesome accident would happen to me.... AND THAT SAYS IT ALL, that's the kind of god I was taught to fear, and I thought, 'who would want to be in a relationship with a person you have to be frightened of forever?'
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

This is to easy but ok i will bite:

Odin.

You thought i was going to say Thor didnt you? Following witnesses logic i pray to the one Thor prays too ;)

I tease because i care :)

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I pray to Darren, King of the Fish People.

He is the true God, as shown by this manuscript.

And if you are thinking "that is made up", then simply read this other manuscript that proves it isn't.

Most of the time Darren does not answer my prayers, but I know he hears them.

Sometimes he does though.

Why, the other month I had no money, and I prayed "O Darren, King of all the Fish people, please give me money for sustenance and that new PlayStation game I want to pre-order" and THE VERY NEXT DAY I received in my bank account a sum of money that was not only enough to cover these things, it was also the EXACT same amount as my employer pays me each month in wages.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Zombie dub, this one is for you

http://youtu.be/fDp7pkEcJVQ

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Recently I saw a cartoon of a little boy riding a bicycle. The little boy exclaimed, "I thought about asking in prayer for a bicycle but realized God didn't work that way. So I stole this one and asked God for forgiveness, in prayer of course."

Like so much else, knowing how the system works is often the ticket to getting there.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When I prayed, I prayed to jehober. When I finally realized that jehober (and all other gods) were invented by man, I stopped praying. Now when I talk to myself (which is what praying really is), at least I can get an answer. However, if praying makes one feel better, I say keep praying.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    yes i pray to our father
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

I also saw a cartoon showing the parted red sea, and Moses walking towards it having a solemn expression on his face as he moved forward, and a goofy, smiling, child's, inflatable life preserver around his neck, and a crowd of people following, but no one that was following him was wearing one. -Funny

People think that they know; They think that they will not have to pay; A thief will ride until he is stopped, then he prays.- And pays.

• cofty
    cofty

Could anybody explain the difference between praying and other everyday superstitions?

I pray to the G-d of my ancestors. But I promise you, I ain't praying to the Watchtower's "Jehovah," I can tell you that - Caleb

Talking to one imaginary friend is much like any other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit