Does anyone pray and if so to who?

by duc007az 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• duc007az
    duc007az
    It's been years since I've prayed and the last one I prayed to was the god known as Jehovah. Just wondering.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yes

Dionysus

Please bring me booze

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

I'm a descendent of Abraham, of the tribe of Judah, of Sephardic Jewish ancestry. I pray to the G-d of my ancestors.

But I promise you, I ain't praying to the Watchtower's "Jehovah," I can tell you that. None of my people ever have.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Do I prey? No, I wouldn't know who to pray to and for what purpose. The closest I come are little thought experiments that I have but the conversations in my mentally diseased mind .are always with myself.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Fremindfade,

We Jews serve lots of wine when we pray.

Come on over. Don't have to pray or be Jewish, but you do have to drink.

I have booze and booze. Which do you prefer?

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

I surely doubt there is a loving god that looks out for people in need or in danger, many examples to prove that. So just in case there is someone/something out there that called on my existence, I pray, I do a short prayer in my classroom during the moment of silence. I don't pray to the name Jehovah anymore, I pray about my wife and children's safety to "creator" and instead of Jesus I use a very generic "your son given in sacrifice, and I say, "We thank you", at the end." If there is a god, then I am sure he knows my good heart and that I am directing myself to him as our only creator. Since "Amen" may have origins with "Amun Ra", an Egyptian deity, I stay away from it.

With Osiris, Amun-Ra is the most widely recorded of the Egyptian gods. As the chief deity of the Egyptian Empire, Amun-Ra also came to be worshipped outside of Egypt, in Ancient Libya and Nubia, and as Zeus Ammon came to be identified with Zeus in Ancient Greece.

1. Cheers!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Calebinflorida I have done my fair share of drinking with hasidics in Brooklyn. Lol I have partied with the jews. And they are way more fun than fundie Christians! Or god forbid Mormons and Muslims who don't even embibe. Shame shame
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Nope. No reason to.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

South Park; We cannot know with certainty if GOD or Christ exists. There COULD

be a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything. Can we be CERTAIN there isn't?

NO, so it's pointless to talk about.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

There is so a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything. His name is Shirley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit