Dear Jehovah's witnesses, a question....

by punkofnice 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNKOFNICE:

Very good thread!

Hopefully some lurkers will wake up and vote with their feet and their wallets!!

• Alive!
    Alive!

Old Hippie,

I liked your practical response but here's the thing...

One of the things that made me leap towards the JWs was the lack of money begging, this was back in the late 80s and early 90s.

I boasted to non witness family about the low key voluntary donations , no plates, no tithing......no clergy class constantly guilting the flock into donating.

Come on - you remember? It was a big point of difference - one of our boasts. WE ARE NOT LIKE CHRISTENDOM, the day we ask for money is the day.....well, you must remember the rest....

So what's happened? I'm sure ain't gonna able to impress any newbie study with that little treasure these days......it's clear what's going on.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks Long Hair Gal.

I'd love to know what the quote is where Chuck Rissole said about stopping production of the washtowel if the money dried up.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It would surprise you to know the large amount inside that feel is just one more faith and just hang around for the community feel of it, or because of entrapment really.

This is how I have been able to survive inside for all these decades; kindred spirits that know the real deal and carry on with our lives as best as possible.

Future escapees.

DY

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Many people stay not so much of the internal doctrines but because they see the organization as a wholesome guidance to living, something they may have perhaps were looking for or were in need of..

The sociability of being a JWS, where friendships are made or structurally mandated between family members is another reason why some retain the association with the organization.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Finkelstein

You're totally right. we've discussed the same many times. The issues are that sooner or later you're effected by the Pharisaical manner in which the GB rules. Yes a joke but sometimes I wonder if you can even seen their faces anymore with the size of their scripture containing cases.

The point is at some point it becomes not worth it for the stress of always worrying about every step (not talking sin here just will this offend someone) you take, every word you say. I'm not saying it isn't good to consider others of course it is but it has gone so far beyond that. The bros are afraid to breath.

When guilt and fear are the initial feeling for everything you do that's a problem. Worse yet most don't realize that's the case. They're so much in a fog they think they're happy. They'll swear they are. I know as that's exactly what I did. If honest though you start to realize that a lifetime of being told you're basically not doing enough it wears on you and you see it for what it is.

At that point there's no conditional friendship worth that anguish.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said Hadriel!
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Old Hippie,

So you don't believe in the Bible? If the Bible is accurate and all those miracles occurred, then why couldn't it happen again today? Jehovah supplied manna to the Israelite nation as they wandered through the wilderness after he opened the Red Sea. This was after sending plagues on Egypt. Jesus fed large crowds with a few fishes and loaves. The apostles were released from prison by an angel.

If the WTS truly is not only the true religion but also the earthly part of Jehovah's heavenly organization, then way can't He take care of things? I'm not being sarcastic,I truly want to know. When I actually believed in them and when I was having doubts, I prayed for understanding and got no response.

Extraordinary proof is required for extraordinary claims. If we are really in the last days of this system, why can't they come up with something, anything, miraculous that proves Jehovah is with them.

The only conclusion I can come up with is He's not.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Im jehovah the creator of the everything. I can make women out of ribs, I can make light, I can make plants animals and the stars even though plants and animals are made of stars... However money is a little difficult for me. So send me money I need money
  • Magnum
    Magnum

why are your leaders, the Governing body, asking you for your money and assets?

It would be different if it was obviously justifiable - if JWdom was growing... if there was a great, effective preaching work going on all over the earth... if it was like the seventh time around Jericho... if missionaries were being sent out, needed Kingdom Halls were being built, the message was getting clearer, the evidence was mounting up that we truly are in the last days and the end is near, the evidence was mounting up that JWs are right, etc. But none of that is the case. JWdom is getting wimpier and weaker, the preaching is getting weaker, the GB are building their own compound, not Kindgom Halls. And they're constantly asking for money???

Doubtfully Yours: It would surprise you to know the large amount inside that feel is just one more faith and just hang around for the community feel of it, or because of entrapment really.

Are a lot of JWs really feeling that way? I sure hope so.

Hadriel: They're so much in a fog they think they're happy. They'll swear they are. I know as that's exactly what I did.

I've observed that, too. They're dazed. They just don't know exactly what is going on. They don't understand it all. We're not supposed to be in "this system" now. There's no growth; no excitement. The doctrines are not as clear anymore; they don't even really know them anymore. The literature is disappearing. There are no (or few) Kingdom Halls being built. The org's asking for money. Yes, they're in a fog.

Doubting Bro: When I actually believed in them and when I was having doubts, I prayed for understanding and got no response.

You ain't the only one. For years, I prayed profusely asking for answers to my questions and resolution of my doubts, but I, too, got no response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit