Have any JWs ever been on this site for a serious religious debate?

by amiable 32 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat
    That's the kind of thing I would've liked to see. But how do you know that's really who jst2laws was? Not asking for names or anything, but does anyone here claim to have known him personally? Does Farkel remember debating him here or remember him as a JW? I'll look up some of their old posts.

Oooh, this is just tooo funny. joy2bfree knows jst2laws intimately. ROTFL.

Check out this link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/3642/44039/post.ashx#44039

• Francois
    Francois

In addition to the foregoing, the GB have repeatedly been challenged on this site to debate various things including the proposition that "the organization of JWs is a cult." The GB has never seen fit to respond to this challenge.

The current challenger is already beginning to engage in redefinition of terms in order to stay in the debate. This is always the death-knell in debate, this redefinition. That the JWs have claimed to be prophets cannot be successfully defended or debated. There are far too many instances in the publications, especially the WT where they make the flat assertion that is precisely what they are. All one needs to prove this point is access to to an index and a complete set of bound volumes. There is one WT article I remember looking up at my parent's home that states that the WTBTS, "acts as a prophet." [sic] I woldn't look for that on the CD, but in the bound volumes, the original set, the ones put together before the WTBTS started playing cute with what they included and what they left out.

Note to challenger: You may as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye. It already belongs to Stinky. Nice try, though.

francois

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi AMIABLE and everyone else.Before any JW can debate any subject they will have to start from point one.Point one is estasblishing that the Bible is the inspired word of God. Without convincingly proving that,there is no basis for anything that comes forth out of their mouths. So,for me that would be the starting point of any discussion that is supposedly Bible based. We cannot start a debate which is going to use the Bible as a basis for support unless it is unequivcoally established as the inspired word of God. If we are going to use the WT.as a basis,then out of their own mouth they will lose every discussion. Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit