by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• layla
    layla

Something positive about the Org.: THE FREEDOM TO HAVE OUR OWN OPINION

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

layla said:

Something positive about the Org.: THE FREEDOM TO HAVE OUR OWN OPINION

You are joking, right? Does this mean that if you think oral sex is ok, you will write to the society and say so?

Or will you just "have your say in your own mind, and not make a fuss"?

Oh, i get it; you can HAVE your own opinion, just don't EXPRESS it.

• layla
    layla

Pistoff,,

Yes, YOU GOT IT!!! I'm joking....I was being sarcastic..!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Pistoffffffffffff, You should have known that Layla's comment wasn't supposed to be honest. It's OBVIOUS that the organization doesn't give you the freedom to express your own opinion. Shame on you, Pissed Off.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    positive thing about the organization is the loyalty that they have cultivated. ................. A Jehovah's Witnesses' loyalty is positively unparralled.

I'm curious as to why you think this would be a "positive", mini. Isn't it like the blind loyalty that we associate with cult-like totalitarian lands? Surely that's not a "positive".

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

Ozziepost, I agree with you, blind loyalty or blind obedience is not a positive trait. Hitler's minions followed him even when they thought he was wrong because they were either afraid of being eliminated themselves or because they personally benefited and the pain of others was not as important. I'm going to post on a separate topic what loyalty really means to the WTS. It will be enlightening that the WTS takes the path of the Pharisees in its demand for loyalty. Who did the Pharisees as a group support, Jesus or their traditions?

This reminds me of a JW story where an older sister was trying to show others that you could find something good in everyone. One sister shot back, "I suppose you could find something good about Satan?" The older sister said, "You have to admit he is a hard worker."

Hard working in this case was not a positive trait. The loyalty JWs show is also not a positive trait.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power
    And if I could talk to complete strangers about something as ridiculous as the stuff I was peddling in the WT and Awake mags, I can talk about anything.

LOL, like a Jamie Kennedy experiment!

• shera
    shera

No

• blondie
    blondie

I guess we need a sarcasm simile on this DB. Sorry, minimus, missed the sarcasm in your post.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE THE ORGANIZATION.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit