Let's Say Some POSITIVE Things About The Organization Or Being a JW

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Say something positive about having been a JW? Being able to apostasize, stop being a JW, become an exjw and eat easter eggs.

Brummie

• JH
    JH

Millions of $ of benefit each year. They know how to make money.

• Englishman
    Englishman

2 men holding a long length of string between them can hold back thousands of people who are attending a District Assembly.

If this can also be photographed - manic smiles of hundreds of dubs as they mill about on the far side of said piece of string - the results make an unforgettable mental impression.

Scared the hell out of me!

Englishman.

• Scully
    Scully

Their public speaking training - ie, the Theocratic School - and the training you get to prepare you to go door-to-door is probably the most positive practical aspect of being a JW.

I've never had a problem preparing speeches for school or presentations for work, and I actually enjoy addressing an audience. The public teaching training I had as a JW was a great help in that aspect of my life. I have no regrets about that part of being a JW.

I know a lot of people who have paid a lot of money in order to learn how to get up in front of an audience and deliver a presentation, particularly if they want to make a living at it. My training as a JW was on par with that, and it was practically given to me, can't complain about that....

Love, Scully

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Ditto with Scully on that one min.

Only to add a bit more on the self confidence factor.

Hey if you can get up in front of an audience of 800 or so at a circuit assembly at the age of 12 and give the Bible reading talk from the Song of Solomon, there isn't much after that, that can shake your self confidence.....except maybe your wedding night !

• minimus
    minimus

You're right about public speaking and not being afraid to talk to strangers. Regarding other religions, I agree that JW's aren't the only bad ones. For centuries the Roman Catholic Church WOULD kill you if you disagreed. JW's only wish that they could now...."Christian Judaizers"

• starfish422
    starfish422

I'm with Scully on the public speaking; also, I didn't get pregnant in my teens. That's a good thing. Didn't end up with any STDs; that's positive. (Yes, I was one of those few who didn't screw around in their teen years; that is, until I left the Borg)

And if I could talk to complete strangers about something as ridiculous as the stuff I was peddling in the WT and Awake mags, I can talk about anything.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

There are a lot of sincere people in this organization.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

They taught me that appearance is ALWAYS more important than substance. They also taugh me about the superiority of the males as well as the proper servitude of the female masses who exist only to bear our children and bring us our dinner. They taught me that if I pound on enough doors and carry a microphone at the hall enough miles, my postion as Elder is virtually assured and that I'm a shoe in as one of the "princesss" in the New World. I won't have to pick up the carcasses of dead people, but rather will be in a position to direct all fruit picking by those vaccuous faced, slack jawed rank and file survivors..

Coon

• minimus
    minimus

I could see you now, "Princess Coon Dawg".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit