Yep.

Chuck Russell surely knew

the Greek language, as he testified to

in a Court of Law.

NOT !

* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/Liarz.html

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

This is another one of those myths which has crept into the anti-cult repertoir; Penton covers it in his book. Russell said he could recognise some Greek letters, not that he could read Greek. When they asked him to read some Greek, he couldn't, just as he had said. Much as I hate to defend the a***hole, truth is more important than scoring cheap points!

• goo
    goo

steph - maybe so - but i think i'll run with tallymans version - it's more fun goo.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Stephanus is right, but I love the photo!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think its more important to know whether Russell could

walk like an Egyptian.

hugs

Joel

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Stephanus,

So, would you buy a Sack of Wheat from Chuck Russell?

And is that excerpt of the court transcript a myth?

Chuck answered: "Oh yes"

The Lying Bastard hoped that would satisfy the question put to him...
    but when he was asked to back up his answer... well, you see ...

The Father of the Watchtower of the Lie started the dirty business
    of giving the illusion that WTLeaders are "authorities" of sorts.
    Jack-Legged "Scholars" like Russell, who have lexicons, concordances,
    dictionaries, diaglotts, etc., so that they can "look up words" and
    peck around and pull up a bit of feed like a bird brain and then
    regurgitate it as "spiritual food" for the wittle chicks... sheesh!

This Joker was caught in Court with his pants down.
    You don't have to try "to defend" this ArseHole!
    He and his Kult are Indefensible.

Hell, if someone tried hard enough, they could find something good
    to say about Hitler.
    "He was kind to animals"
    "He had such pretty blue eyes"
    "He kept the streets clean and the trains running on time"

Or you could call it like it is.
    The Watchtower is Thoroughly Wicked and the ArseHole who built it was a Lying Bastard and a Manipulative Megalomaniac who is directly responsible for ruining untold numbers of lives.

(p.s. watch-out for Jimbo Penton. he slips into being a Kult Apologist at times. he can't seem to hep hisself)

• LDH
    LDH

HA HA HA great thread.

Only one thing, Tally. Hitler had brown hair and brown eyes. The bastard didn't even look like his chosen 'master race' ha ha ha.

• Jang
    Jang

The following is taken from the transcript as Rev. Ross's attorney, Mr. Staunton cross-examining C.T. Russell in the case Russell v. Ross.

Question: (Attorney Staunton) "Do you know the Greek Alphabet?"

Answer: (Russell) "Oh yes."

Question: (Staunton) "Can you tell me the correct letters if you see them?"

Answer: (Russell) "Some of them, I might make a mistake on some of them."

Question: (Staunton) "Would you tell me the names of those on top of the page, page 447 I have got here?"

Answer: (Russell) "Well, I don't know that I would be able to."

Question: (Staunton) "You can't tell what those letters are, look at them and see if you know?"

Answer: (Russell) "My way ..." [he was interrupted at this point and not allowed to explain]

Question: (Staunton) "Are you familiar with the Greek language?"

Answer: (Russell) "No."

(Ibid, p. 44).

As Martin observed, Russell first claimed to know the greek alphabet, then when challenged said he knew, "some of them" but may make mistakes on other letters.

Finally when presented with the greek letters themselves, admitted the he did not know Greek - one of the main points of Ross's "libellous" pamphlet.
    ---------------------------------------
    When I did Koine Greek I was able to recognise and read the words by the end of our 5th week. Our final semester exam was reading John chapter 1 out aloud.

We also had to be able to translate from english to greek and back again in simple Koine Greek sentences.

Jang

JanG

• JanH
    JanH

Tally,

Like or dislike of Russell is not the issue here. From the transcript, we can clearly see there is no evidence that he claimed to know the greek language. If you assert otherwise, you are spreading a falsehood.

There is simply no evidence here that Russell committed perjury. Like it or not. It is surely doing the Kult a favour to spread charges you cannot support with hard facts.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    Only one thing, Tally. Hitler had brown hair and brown eyes.

Whoops, LDH.

You're right about the hair color of Hitler, but his eyes...:

From The Psychopathic God by Robert G.L. Waite

The most impressive feature of his otherwise coarse and rather undistinguished face was his eyes. They were extraordinarily light blue in color, with a faint touch of greenish-gray. Almost everyone who met him mentioned his strangely compelling eyes... Hitler himself often observed that his eyes were very like those of his mother. Her eyes, in turn, reminded him of the Medusa - whose glance, it will be recalled, turned men to stone or impotence... He knew the power of his own slightly protruding, shining eyes, whose lashless eyelids added to their curiously hypnotic effect.

Yes.
    The right equipment for a good KultLeader - piercing, hypnotic eyes.
    Chuck Russell had the right eyes for the job.
    Did you ever notice how much Craze Russell looked like the Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran? (another KultLeader!)

Maybe the two were 'separated at birth'...

Schtuff* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/mo_schtf.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit