Steven Unthank and his work.

by WHATSGOINGON 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

I never went into this post assuming anyone was lying or not a straight shooter. But there is a massive difference between telling someone what their opinion should be and asking someone to investigate the hard evidence and come to their own opinion.

The former is controlling behaviour and the latter is not. Being given the option to form an opinion based on solid research is not evidence of an "ulterior motive." Again that line of thinking is promoted by Watchtower apologists to prevent an open minded consideration of the facts.

I'm not telling anyone what to think about Steven's case, I am simply showing those who want to know, how to investigate the legal evidence.

The reason why I posted here, is because I have done thorough research on this forum archive and I've researched all of Steven Unthank's documents on saysorry.org and jwleaks pertaining to his court claims - all of them. My research has shown me that not one of Steven's published documents contain any evidence supporting his claims around the two VCAT hearings and the Watchtower court case.

When it comes to make massive claims around legal proceedings sincere research would start with the registrar of the courts seeking the court judgments - not a blog, forum or someone's opinion. The point is the publicly available court files (judgements) have never been published anywhere. These public records are available with every single court case in Australia, but in Steven's case they have never been shared by Steven. Why not? Those who have zero knowledge of how the legal system in Australia works simply don't realise that this is highly unusual, as these are not confidential documents and would enable anyone to be able to verify his claims.

There is a conspiracy theory being promoted that Steven's records have been sealed by the court or that they cannot be published for legal reasons. This is nonsense, because the court judgements are publicly available records.

Again all I am offering to people is the quickest way to investigate the hard evidence about Steven's court case claims so that they can base their opinion on the legal facts rather than hearsay.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Well, I've spent about as long as I'm willing to on this and I must say I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't access the transcript without having to pay a fee.

It seems wrong that court proceedings or any public enquiry should be suppressed or not at least be made freely available so we can see for ourselves how it transpired without having a cost...making access prohibitive.

I certainly will be giving Steven Unthank my trust over watchtower.

I have no reason not to trust what he, Smiddy3, others on this forum and elsewhere have testified to what has transpired. By contrast watchtower has a proven record of misdirection outright contempt and lies.

Still given this is a forum accessible to public view I can, I believe, understand where Solaris11 is coming from.

When we make a bold statement that is not just made between trusted friends we should be able to back it up by hard evidence. So that the veracity of the claim can be confirmed without coercion or prejudice.

My personal opinion.

RayoFlight2014.

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

Well, I've spent about as long as It seems wrong that court proceedings or any public enquiry should be suppressed or not at least be made freely available so we can see for ourselves how it transpired without having a cost...making access prohibitive.

Kudos to you for making an effort to do some research!! :-)

Please note that in 90% of cases the Judgement and Summary are not suppressed and are available on AustLII at no cost. It is very unusual for any court case to not appear in the AustLII site. Almost all criminal and civil court cases are published there.

The tribunals related to Steven Unthank v. Watchtower that appear on AustLII were classified "Dismissed" - VCAT tribunal hearings VCAT 1421 and VCAT 1810 If you take time to read the applications and have any basic understanding of law, you will see why it was dismissed due to lack of evidence. The application was nonsensical from a legal stand point, and poorly constructed.

In regards to his court case (which is different than the above tribunals), there is no evidence published on AustLII or the Vic Magistrates Court website, that the case ever happened. So to verify if there was a case, it costs about $20 to obtain the court extract file.

The file is a public sharable document, which will advise whether or not there was a hearing and if there was, the outcome of the case. If there was no case it will be marked Discontinued or similar.

Note: The judgment, not the transcripts, is the key document because it verifies whether or not there was a case or hearing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Solaris11 - "...there is a massive difference between telling someone what their opinion should be and asking someone to investigate the hard evidence and come to their own opinion..."

I demand that your opinion be to ask someone to investigate evidence and come to their own opinion!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are you an active JW? Yes or no?

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What was that? I didn’t hear your answer?

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hello?!?!?? Anyone out there???

( cricket...cricket....cricket.....)

What a chicken-shit...

DD 😎🍺

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’m just going to check back every day...

DD 😇

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol!

DD 🍺

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe he`s gone to the Pleiades to be with Jehovah or he`s been reprimanded and cautioned for being on this forum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit