Steven Unthank and his work.

by WHATSGOINGON 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Smiddy, could it have been a VCAT hearing using the Morwell Magistrates Court as a venue? It looks like he brought both a criminal complaint and Human Rights case.

In any event, if the criminal case was dismissed, I doubt there would be any publicly available record.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It looks like he brought both a criminal complaint and Human Rights case.

You could be right there,the criminal complaint rings a bell ,but I really couldn`t be sure ,my memory is not as good now as it was a long time ago.

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

Please disregard shepherdless as it would appear that individual is deliberately trying to use misdirection.

The fact is Steven Unthank claimed he "took Watchtower to court." but to date no evidence has been produced to prove this.

So, anyone can find out if Steven Unthank's claim is true by doing the following...

Simply email the Victorian Magistrate's Court (Latrobe) in Australia and ask for the Court Judgement. Send your email to -- [email protected]

Cut and paste the following in your email...

Hello - I would like to request a record search for any Court Judgement involving the name "Steven Unthank".

NOTE: If you call +61 (03) 5116 5222 and ask for the Registrar they will confirm that they can do a search for you by name. You DO NOT need a case number or name of the court case, you only need "Steven Unthank" as your search reference.

The court will respond to your email within about 2-3 days to advise that there is a 'court extract' available. At this stage it's up to you if you would like to purchase the court extract. If you decide to proceed it will cost you a small fee to obtain it.

The court extract you receive will confirm once and for all whether Steven Unthank actually took Watchtower to court as he claims or if it was dismissed and it never happened. The court extract which includes the court judgement is a public document which you can share with anyone else and/or post online :-)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Solaris11, how do we know that you're not misdirecting? Someone else claims to have been there and that it was ultimately dismissed. You claim that if it was dismissed "it never happened", which isn't factually true. That just means they didn't go forward on something, not that it never happened. I don't have a horse in this race and don't really care but when someone bumps something long after the fact it seems like they have a specific ax to grind.

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

@dubstepped how do you know if I am misdirecting or not? Easy, let's simply look at the facts...

Steven Unthank claims to have taken Watchtower to court, the problem is no one seems to be able to find any evidence to support this claim. If you listen to the podcast interview, S06E17 How the Faithful and Discreet Slave were killed, you will notice that in the interview Steven Unthank confirms the court case occurred and gives a blow-by-blow description of the exchange between the judge, the Watchtower solicitor, the JWs present.

Here are the relevant timeline points:
    26:27 Louise (podcast host) mentions the exchange between Steven and Watchtower lawyer during court case. Steven confirms this happened.
    29:33 "During the hearing it was announced in a statement by Watchtower lawyer...the faithful and discreet slave class are a theological arrangement."
    30:45 Steven confirms that JWs present during the court hearing in the court room were shocked and gasped.
    31:52 Steven claims his court case caused the end of the Faith and Discreet Slave Class.
    34:26 - 35:15 Louise states Steven Unthank took Watchtower to court for criminal offences and Steven then confirms the court case happened by saying "That's correct".
    38:35 "Then I took them to court. They (Watchtower) presented arguments...."
    39:14 "So I took the Watchtower Society to court. I took the entire body of elders to court."

So the most logical question is, if Steven Unthank actually took Watchtower to court as he claims -- then where is the evidence to prove any of this happened?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So then, Steven Unthank and Smiddy are liars. Just made it up out of nowhere. Okay, that can happen. Do we know that all cases are recorded in such a way, even if dismissed out of hand? Is there a possibility that if it was recorded it was under a different name of some sort? I know that Watchtower has many names they go by.

In the end, like I said, I don't care that much, certainly not enough to document a blow by blow account from three years ago about something that doesn't even really matter, lol. But it obviously matters a great deal to you for some reason and seems quite personal by your reaction. I don't need Steven Unthank to prove to me what a farse Jehovah's Witnesses or the supposed FDS is, but apparently you need to disprove him for some reason. It just feels strange. Maybe you put faith in his words and feel duped. I guess you feel duped by Smiddy too. Good luck with all of that.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

I'll have a look and see what I can find also.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dubstepped (to Solaris11) - "... I don't need Steven Unthank to prove to me what a farce Jehovah's Witnesses or the supposed FDS is, but apparently you need to disprove him for some reason..."

Isn't "discrediting the witness" the sort of tactic that lawyers use when they're on the losing side?

• Solaris11
    Solaris11

All I am suggesting is for those who want to know if Steven Unthank really took Watchtower to court as he claims then following this simple procedure...

Simply email the Victorian Magistrate's Court (Latrobe) in Australia and ask for the Court Judgement. Send your email to -- [email protected]

Note: you do not need to quote a case number, you only need to write this:

Hello - I would like to request a record search for any Court Judgement involving the name "Steven Unthank".

Again, using his full name as the reference will suffice.

The court will reply within about 2-3 days to advise that there is a 'court extract' available and it will cost you a small fee to obtain it. This extract will confirm once and for all whether there actually was a court case or if it was dismissed. The Court Judgement is a public document which you can share with anyone else and/or post online.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why do you care all of a sudden? That’s the real question.

Maybe there’s a misconception among many that Steve Unthank “took the WT to Court”, especially if they aren’t from the region, or are accustomed to different legal procedures?

There was an official meeting of some sort in which Mr. Unthank and WT Lawyers were present. This was all part of Mr. Unthank’s efforts to expose the disingenuous nature of the WT.

The WT Lawyers stooping so low as to say the FDS doesn’t actually exist except as a “Theological Arrangement” to save their asses is quite telling and certainly something the WT wouldn’t like the average congregant to hear, so it would not be surprising if any WT supporters would downplay the event.

I don’t personally know Smiddy but I’m more inclined to believe an eye witness account ( like the Gospels 🤔😂 ) and a member who posts on a regular basis.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit