My Story

by mattnoel 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hi Matt:

I admire you sharing your story .. It takes courage to share about yourself. By sharing it paves the way for others to possibly coming out. I am proud of you.

. Crow Woman

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

First off (just to get it out of the way, as it's bound to pop up):

Nordic: gay =

Matt...I have been there:

"...I was also sort of seeing a Sister in Michigan so I went out there a) To pioneer and b) to further things with the sister. I spent some time there and we were engaged, I guess I thought that this would kind of push the gay feelings aside, big mistake as you just cant do that. In hindsight I feel like this was a really selfish motive on my part but it all ended..."

Not a boring read, it was an absolutely interesting and intriguing story. As for the engagement, yes...I've been there. As a practicing Jehovah's Witness, you do your damnest to conquer your feelings; thinking marrying will cure homosexuality: HOGWASH

I tried to do that: doesn't work. Imagine had I dragged a poor sister (woman) into something like that? How horrible. But you'd be surprised, in counsel (with elders) it'd be encouraged after great admonishment to read more scripture, pray more, go out in service, have strong spiritually upbuilding associates...the list goes on and on...and/or to marry a sister, as it was thought to ward off homosexuality, or cure it.

I thought being an active believing Jehovah's Witness would cure it, period. Balls!!

When someone says it's a chosen behaviour, I have one question for them:

Do YOU speak from personal experience?

Matt, your contribution and sharing of your personal story is quite refreshing. There are a few gay participants here, and I'd say, yours is very balanced and level headed. You've certainly got your act together, and have plenty to offer.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you'll hang around here. You offer an upbeat and positive vibe. You never know who you may help out on this forum.

Best wishes to you Matt.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Wow thanks for the responses, Sad bastard I know but I had tears in my eyes when reading the comments you all put on here it was so nice. I was really concerned what was going to be put but all I can say is Thank you all so much. OCW am proud of you too, you too have come a long way ! whoever asked if I was wearing white (bloody cheek) he he no we are thinking of traditional scottish kilts etc

Rayzorblade, well I have seen you on here loads, you seem to post everywhere but didnt realise you were a friend of aunt dorothy too ! thats cool mate.

I really look forward to talking to all of you in the near future I think you are all absolutely great.

I have also got my own little forum going for ex gay jw's feel free to pop in and have a look http://uk.msnusers.com/GayexJehovahsWitnesses that link should work.

Thanks again everyone

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Matt...well I'm not surprised at the responses here.

As for Aunt Dorothy. Well, you'd be a bit surprised as I tend not to be a rainbow flag waver. If you and/or others are: that's fine by me.

I am my own person - non-conformist.

A bit of a troublemaker, but overall, nice guy.

I do not like the band: Erasure, nor do I like going to gay clubs/bars. It just ain't my scene.

My personal saying is: my world is bigger than 10%.

All the best to you Matt. Keep posting on here, and add your 2 pence worth (it's worth more than the Canadian 2 cents, let me tell you). Nice to have interesting people on this forum, regardless of where they came from.

Welcome, again.

• Jade
    Jade

(((((Matt)))))

What a story....it wasn't boring at all. I know it takes alot of courage to put your life and feelings out there on the line but my hat is off to you. I hope you and your partner will be very happy. You deserve it

Jade

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Thanks Jade aprreciate that.

Rayzor to be honest I am not really a scene person, used to be but now believe each to their own and find it best just to live my life and let others live theirs. We dont really go to gay bars either as we prefer going for a quiet drink in a straight one. Its not something I shout out about but have put it in my comments on here. Thanks for your nice words though, again it really helped to get comments like yours.

You too keep up the good work

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((mattnoel))))))))))

Thanks for sharing your story. We all come from different backgrounds here, and that's what makes this board interesting. Glad that things are turning out good for you - about time, eh?

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Matt and Rayzor, you both commented on how unkind it would have been to have married a sister... I'm glad you both had the sense to see through that. My Ex didn't. After a horrible seven years of marriage it was actually a relief to discover that he was gay, I had been blaming myself. I've come a long way in understanding why he married me to begin with, hearing your thoughts on the subject helps. Thanks! I enjoyed your life story, Matt.. no boring in the least! If I may ask, what did your mum die of? They kept saying it was just the flu, what was it really? If this is to morbid, ignore it, please! Mystla

• mouthy
    mouthy

Matt I enjoyed reading your heart. It does lead us astray sometime- But I am happy you found your hearts desire. I remember so vividly how the elders would stress that being gay was "worldy"Since I have been out in the world. I have a support group ( we have 3 gays attend at times) I have learned The worldly folks are the ones that tell the truth... Thanks for telling your truth.Sad as it was. I am so happy the saying "everything comes to him who waits" I am waiting for my next journey Heaven..... & I dont have to judge ANYONE to get there.. I love it. Happy wedding day...Tell me do the wear anything under the kilt?????(wink ,,wink !!this from a grammy

Razor Love Ya!!!

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Hey Matt, Good to hear your story...and we're family too! My partner (also and exjw) and I fell in love while we were "in" and waited,(chastely) for fifteen years before we finally had the courage to make a stand and leave the org. We were both dfed about a year later, but we are so happy now and can't imagine being bound any longer by that homophobic cult! Flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit