JWs MUST Accept The Watchtower Teachings EVEN When They Are Wrong!

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As Deborah Francis White said in her great stand up comedy routine "Saving Brother Ryan":

"NEW LIGHT. - If you cant change what you say, change what, what you say means!"

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from _Morpheus:

about ten years ago DO’s (when the org still had DO’s) were giving a talk that said, and you just cant make this nonsense up, that even when the GB is wrong they are right. Yep. You heard me. Even when wrong they are right because they are gods representatives. I think it end up being in a study article also... it was surreal

Upon hearing such a "whopper" the normal, rational, thinking unimpaired student would recoil in horror.

The Father of the Lie is back in town...

Isn't it rather amazing how the Cult can sell such stupidity?

• minimus
    minimus

Remember, it's either the truth or it is not! Either it is a correct understanding or an incorrect view. It's not rocket science!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Morpheus - "...about ten years ago DO’s (when the org still had DO’s) were giving a talk that said, and you just cant make this nonsense up, that even when the GB is wrong they are right. Yep. You heard me. Even when wrong they are right because they are gods representatives. I think it end up being in a study article also... it was surreal."

I swear, sometimes the best stuff to wake people up to The TATT comes right from the horse's mouth.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In fact, when I'm in tin foil-hat mode, I can't help but suspect they do it on purpose to weed out anyone with half a brain.

• sir82
    sir82

In WT-world, "unity" is exponentially more important than "truth".

Of course, in WT-world, what they call "unity" is, in real terms, merely "conformity".

But whatever you call it, it is much much MUCH higher on the priority list than "truth".

Pretty ironic, actually, for a religion that is colloquially known among its adherents as "the truth".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, let's be honest...

..."The Truth" does sound much nicer than "The Unity"...

:smirk:

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There was a thread about 5-6 years ago where an Ohio circuit overseer gave a talk to the effect that one must believe a doctrine even if is wrong. Here is the link, in case anyone wants to revisit it:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/210494/new-curcuit-overseer-brainwash-talk-obey-slave-even-if-you-find-serious-flaw-jw-doctrine

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The witnesses worship the organization like a god. They protect it's image at all costs. The numerous failed prophecies are an indication that they do not have God's backing. Isn't there a scripture in the bible that says God even sends angels to fool certain people? Witnesses can be real nasty when the're protecting the image of the .org.

The previous comment about the Slave saying something is a different color than it really is, is a real warning sign. It's like Lemmings jumping over a cliff. God holds everyone accountable for their actions. God even wanted to kill everyone who followed Aaron in building the golden calf at Mt. Sinai but Moses changed his mind.

I'm still in it for family but I keep quiet about my true feelings. I roll my eyes every time they give glory to the faithful slave. They seem to say that more and more these days. I don't remember it being said as much when I was a kid.

With the state that the .org is now, they won't be presenting any ground breaking "new lite" in the near future about the great tribulation and beyond. If there's any new information to be revealed it will come from the "World" outside.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed
    this is the same thing as sending soldiers into unnecessary danger because a plan of attack was misguided/misinformed. It's never about being right........ it's worse then that.....because it's always about marching in step.....obeying orders.

I disagree. The fundamental difference being that soldiers are told that their job is to follow orders and they know that when they sign up. There is enough information out there for anyone going into the military to know that they might end up going into battle when their commander is wrong to any extent. They know that when they sign up... or they should. Example, "The Charge of the Light Brigade" by Alfred Tennyson (1854) explained beautifully in 'The Blind Side'.

This is what 'gaslighting' is. You have to believe whatever they tell you at the moment they are telling you it. Even if it doesn't make sense. Even if they said something different one second before. Even if they just contradicted themselves. They are always right and when they make the argument that you are wrong... in this way.. it is gaslighting. It isn't straightforward. It isn't honest. And no one consented to having the GB be correct even when they are wrong when they signed up.

I should amend that last sentence. No one born into the cult, and people from my parents and my generation didn't consent to the GB being right even when they are wrong. It is entirely possible that people are currently consenting to that before they join up. I remember hearing that specific rhetoric in my teens. My mom believes she is annointed and has since she joined up... she would argue the ridiculousness of what the GB wanted us to believe and then would tell us to believe it anyway!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit