5/6/18 cleveland ohio circuit assembly notes

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

In 1986 I remember that there was a large group of clergy that met and prayed for peace and actually declared something like this is the year of peach and security and boy did the witnesses start the gossip then that the big A was so close...

JWs said at the time that if any President would push the nuclear button it would be Reagan...Meanwhile, decades later....

• johnamos
    johnamos
    "We are now just days away from entering the new system!"

So if this was said on May 6 and its May 8, then it could be any day now. I say May 14 something will happen. That day marks 70 years for Israel. (1948-2018)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"days away" how are they still getting away with this nonsense!

• sir82
    sir82
    "We are now just days away from entering the new system!"

So if this was said on May 6 and its May 8, then it could be any day now. I say May 14 something will happen. That day marks 70 years for Israel. (1948-2018)

LOL.

Gotta love it.

Love how some people just never seem to quite get the idea that the issue is not, "picking dates for 'something to happen' based on Biblical numerology is an activity even the looniest loon ought to know is hopelessly moronic, with a 2000 year (and counting) 100% failure rate".

No, for them the issue is, "Oh, those other few thousand guys / groups before me just happened to pick the wrong date. Here is a better one".

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Days away from Armageddon?

So were those in attendance told to stop contributing to the world wide work? Has the building work come to a complete stop now because of this?

No point building new buildings if they're going to be destroyed right?

• sir82
    sir82

So were those in attendance told to stop contributing to the world wide work? Has the building work come to a complete stop now because of this?

No point building new buildings if they're going to be destroyed right?

There is a surprisingly large number of JWs, even those at the top, who are convinced that all WTS buildings will somehow survive Armageddon. They've never put that in print, but you often hear it in private conversation.

Evidently, Jehovah & his merry band of flaming-hailstone-throwing angels will have perfect aim. Or maybe they will use neutron bombs.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Pale I remember just before 1975 the wt. started a campaign to buy more building in Brooklyn. Asking people to donate money for it. My father a elder was very confused over this by saying if the big A is so near why are they worrying about buying more buildings. Of course over 40 years later we know the answer. It's a CULT. Still Totally ADD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    sir82
    There is a surprisingly large number of JWs, even those at the top, who are convinced that all WTS buildings will somehow survive Armageddon.
    When I was fading - I had a friend who I had lunch with. I was feeling him out to see how much I could say.
    I brought up that I think it is strange that the GB are building a BIG NEW complex when they are getting rid of so many Bethelites.

I also said - why are they adding this giant expense when they have so many buildings and SO MUCH LAND TO BUILD at the WT Farm?

I also said it was strange how they have NEVER given a reason for the NEED for the of this complex. Why are we not told why it is needed?

After thinking for a while - he said - I have heard that they feel this New Complex may survive the Big A, and that that is where Jahs Will for us will come from.

I was like - are you saying that Jah cant save other buildings, or he cant communicate to other locations?

Needless to say the conversation ended.

• steve2
    steve2

The mixed messages from JW org: The end is so very near and we still need your money.

It's called, 'having your cake and eating it' and 'covering all bases'.

• johnamos
    johnamos

First, let’s not confuse Armageddon with Gog’s attack.

Even though it is nonsense for them to even make such a comment like saying ‘just days away”…when they say that, it can’t mean Armageddon to them because they know that Gog attacks them first and then after some time during that attack, Jehovah will step in (Jesus’ arrival) and rescue them, at that point Armageddon will begin.

[9-15-88 WT – Why, learning that Gog’s attack is imminent but that Jehovah will rescue His people ought to increase our faith and make us rejoice that such events will result in sanctifying God’s long-profaned name!—Ezekiel 39:1-29.]

There is a surprisingly large number of JWs, even those at the top, who are convinced that all WTS buildings will somehow survive Armageddon.

As far as that statement…apparently these JWs haven’t heard this talk:

[Quote from Ciro Aulicino speaking about Gog’s attack. “What the Future Holds” talk – “What’s the point? Brothers, we should expect them to despoil us of our human rights. We should expect them to confiscate all of Jehovah’s belongings and close down and take possession of all our branches, factories, depots, kingdom halls, assembly halls, everything. Don’t make any mistake about it. We are all in this together. We have a common enemy.”]

(22:00-22:32) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxfQuHC5W78

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit