Apostate driven lies

by pleaseresearch 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

Spirit channeling

I don't have an exact quote at hand, but there was an individual back in the early days of the internet (Usenet) who was adamant that the upper echelons in the JW faith all practiced black magic. --As in summoning demons and casting spells.

Utter hogwash, but they claimed to have actually seen it.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The spirit channeling is a big one for me.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I remember one accusation of a ”lie”” that I investigated. The accuser had a picture of the supposed lie contrasted with his congregations opt of the publication. It was different! The reason was that the WT had ore than one publishing date and the embarrassing wrong info was removed and replaced . I believe it was really old like studies in the scriptures. So don’t know if the Jw was aware of it, but as a recovering apologist myself, I doubt the person is still in. The weight of evidence becomes undeniable.

• alanv
    alanv

Most JW activists now ensure that they mainly use the societies own publications. They also make sure they show where the info came from. That way the jdubs cant say the ex jw was telling complete lies.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Funnily enough the only lies or mis-information I've ever heard from exjws have been about each other!!!

*They will often frame incidents in a negative light, exaggerate short-comings or downright misquote each other, attributing nefarious motives when there were none intended .

Rarely, if ever, have I experienced exjws making false claims about Watchtower.

* to be fair it's mostly exjws with a heavy presence on social media - mainly YouTube. Exjws you meet generally or on forums, etc, often go to great lengths to be fair and balanced when presenting information about others, be it people or organizations. Coming from our background, where whole groups of people were routinely demonized, being fair and honest in our appraisals of others is something that's usually very important to exjws.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i draw the line at calling it lies...but i find the numbers bandied about regarding the numbers of jw's who have died refusing a blood transfusion just plain daft.

whilst even one such death is one too many, to claim thousands die each year is complete nonsense.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I used to hear that "JWs have a secret Satanic black mass ritual" which I later discovered they meant the memorial. To evangelical Christians I suppose they could misinterpret them passing the emblems and not partaking as "rejecting" the body and blood of Christ.

It's a bit far to call it a black mass tho.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - "...be fair and balanced..."

I agree.

I regularly give credit where credit's due...

...the Watchtower Society did a superb job inoculating me against any other form of religious expression.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit