S.A.D. Observations from the assembly.

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

So we had Brother Losch visiting our special assembly day which was weird in itself. He's not a very good speaker and seemed like he was in dire need of a nap or something.

Anyways just a few observations from the assembly program.

Theme: Imitate their Faith. (barf)

There wasn't much substance to any of the talks. It was quite honestly a waste of a day.

The baptism talk was interesting and something that was pointed out on this board before. The brother mentioned the May 1990 Watchtower which mentions that unless you are baptized Yah may not be listening to your prayers. So it seems to me that this is a way to pressure people to get baptized so they can have that "unrestricted" approach to God. So was Jesus' prayers "restricted" prior to His baptism? I would think not being the Son and all.

Next was the accounts. As was mentioned again on this board, $8000 were sent to the society prior to the convention leaving only $500 in the account. But expenses for this one day were almost $24,000 so the deficit at lunch ($7500) would not have been there if they didn't send all the money to the society.

Finally Brother Losch in his last talk tells young ones that they cannot have friends at school because they are NOT "Jehovah's Witnesses". People who work cannot have friends at work either because they are NOT "Jehovah's Witnesses". So no more having association with people unless they are j-dubs and they must be in good standing of course.

Well that's about it, just thought I post a few thoughts from the S.A.D. which ironically was quite sad.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

well, I guess if my last 2 remaining JW friends hear this bullsh*t they will quit staying in contact with me. one calls on his way from a job that keeps him away from his family days at a time, probably cause he is bored ...really we have nothing to talk about anymore. the other rarely calls but at least gave me a card and a plant when my non-jw brother died recently. I give the latter one credit, he just recently got remarried, so I am sure that takes his attention, as she she should. lol

snakes

• fulano
    fulano
    Knight, why are you still attending , if I may ask?
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I'm still attending because I'm working on a fade but the reason why I wanted to go because I heard Bro. Losch was going to be there and I wanted to see what the big deal was. Guess there wasn't much of one.
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Losch gave, more than once, a talk in which he compared suicide attempt with university careers.

Losch represents the most radical and stupid line of the Jehovism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Sounds like the typical horseshit, that the Borgs been shoveling for years. A bunch of nonsense, and these MEN constantly trying to dictate how everyones relationship with God is supposed to be.

Yeah, like if you are not a baptized, Uber, JW, God doesn't hear yours prays fully. WHAT A LOAD OF BULL! Who are these knuckleheads to have the audacity to speak for God, and to dictate who's prayers God wants to hear, or not.

@ - Darkknight757 - Great point, about Jesus before baptism. My how these MEN presume, much.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I don't know why they send him around to give talks in the US. You can barely understand his English. He's so goddamn boring. He'd always put me to sleep at morning worship.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    $24,000 in expenses and no one even questions what the expenses were nor is it likely they'd know who ask, if they even dared .
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Higher education never helps humanity, your time is much better spent distributing the WTS literature around the world with are message of the world coming to an end.

Now that life saving , well for us at the Watchtower Corporation.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Again, money seems to be the focal point of what these guys talk about. Then discourage education. Go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit