August 2017 Watchtower - Screwing with J.W.'s minds again

by The Searcher 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In the latest issue of double-speak, I'd like to highlight these two statements:

Page 3, par. 2 - "...how encouraging it is to know that Jehovah’s faithful servants in the past felt free to express the same question that may loom in our minds, and they were not condemned for asking it!" (so now it's OK for r & f J.W.'s to "feel free" to ask questions and not be treated as "independent thinkers? Sure! See Sept. 2007 KM - Question Box)

Page 7, par. 18 "Without a doubt, therefore, each one of us needs to be willing to wait, to show a patient attitude." (Who is it exactly that regularly & repeatedly tells J.W.'s how near and how soon the great tribulation is coming? From which part of New York State does this corrupt anticipation originate? Oh right - Warwick!)

• cha ching
    cha ching

This is the kind of thing that fries people's brains....

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

• zeb
    zeb

Yes. from personal experience ask the wrong question and be 'marked'. sounds like they are fishing for those who may be thinking.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

This has various meanings, the org. is trying to recruit more sheep and so they want to appear more warm and fuzzy to the general public, now that they are in the internet.....What these new WT's are now trying to say, just in case an interested ones gets a glimpse of the inside workings of what we are taught....see we aren't that bad....sure you can express yourself, sort of....it can't be your new light but what theirs....

The org. can mess with the minds of JW's all they want...no matter what, they will stay, it's not the doctrine, or shunning (unless it happens to them, then they come on x JW sites, but before then, no comment)....The congregations are there because they want to be there and are carrying the name of Jehovah (like a new bride and a badge of honor, also, like being married to an abusive spouse but because you are now have a married status now, you don't care, you is married, and the rest of you ain't, I got my partner, what about you, something must be wrong with you.....that's the average mindset of a witness...again, I'm on the inside and see the reactions to the literature, they short circuit for a minute, then back to socializing again...

Tor

• smiddy
    smiddy

Are the Jehovahs witnesses in Russia urged" to be willing to wait on the outcome" of the appeal to their being banned ?

No ? They are defying that ban by continually meeting as a congregation.

Then they are not being in subjection to the superiour authorities are they , disobeying such an authority by defying what Jehovah has put in place. Rom.Chap.13

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Like tor1500 said, unless it happens to them, they won't listen. JW's bob their head in agreement UNTIL all hell breaks loose for them. We have seen this for years in our families. If it's you they tell you to leave it in Jah's hands, if it's them, OMG...the world has ended and they want everyone to hear how abused they have been. It's amazing!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From same article:

"So even though we face tests and trials, we are determined to show “a waiting attitude.” Yes, at times we might cry out: “How long, O Jehovah?” (Isa. 6:11) But with the strengthening power of God’s holy spirit, each of us is determined to echo the words of Jeremiah: “Jehovah is my share . . . That is why I will show a waiting attitude for him.'"

So it is o k to ask, but you won't get an answer!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Page 7, par. 18 "Without a doubt, therefore, each one of us needs to be willing to wait, to show a patient attitude.

Just because we the FDSL have been saying that the GT and Armageddon is coming very soon for over 140 years , is no reason for one to be doubtful or question are teachings.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So if the end is nigh and WT is admonishing us to show a patient attitude, why didn't WT wait (in Crooklyn) and not sell their current buildings in NY. Why did they need to move to Warwick? Ding, ding, ding, Answer: Follow the $$$$!!!!

If I went to the CO and told him that we were going to build a nice new home, his response would be, the end is so close, why are you storing up treasures on earth, where rust and moths destroy. Give your "first fruits (aka, all of your money) to WT. Now that is storing up treasures in heaven!! You just can't make this sh*t up!

They hypocrisy is staggering!

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I don't know where the GB is going anymore. One week they will say doubt is okay and not even they know everything; but then at the same time they are becoming stricter and more dictatorial. The tight pants thing actually made me laugh the first time I heard about it, but now that it is in the WT magazine as an official rule it's no longer funny, just weird and sad. They also seem to be really emphasizing obedience and soliciting donations far more than just a few years ago. The Watchtower illustration about the starving old woman with an empty refrigerator tossing her last few cents into a donation box was just outrageous! It's one thing to guilt rich bastards into handing over their cash; but old ladies on welfare?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit