Describe Your Spirituality

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most Witnesses believe that if you leave the "truth" as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses, you lose your spirituality. I know some here that do not believe in God. Others are somewhat agnostic. Others believe in nature. Still, others do believe in God, maybe not Jehovah God but still they recognize Someone that fills their needs or can help them when called upon. Do you feel that, today, you are a spiritual person? Are you more spiritual now, or when you were a Witness?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Or my lack there of.....

• Introspection
    Introspection

What is a non-spiritual person?

• Soledad
    Soledad

I honestly don't really know if I believe in (a)God or not, sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

• LB
    LB

It's simply confused.

• JH
    JH

I definitely believe in God. In a God that doesn't answer my prayers.

My spirituality is dying slowly, but will never be totally dead. From that point, it can only go up again.

• blondie
    blondie

Spiritual

Things not physical

Yet must be harmonious with physical

Connected with all other things spiritual

Physical connection limited

Of the mind not brain

Of emotions not physical heart

It is not religion or God in the religious sense

Knowing our connection with everything else in the universe

Can we know God if we don’t know ourselves

Can we love God if we don’t love ourselves

Can we love God if we don’t love and respect all other life

The Bible says humans were made in God’s image

Knowing ourselves is knowing God

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Hi Minimus! I believe in God more strongly now and know that he has a purpose for mankind that doesn't involve schlepping from door to door with magazines. I see him as the Creator and his son as the mediator for all mankind. Prayers aren't always answered in ways that are readily apparent, but they often are answered in ways that require a day or two to sort out.

If anything, I believe that I'm more in tune with the spirit now than before when I was a dub.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Describe Your Spirituality

It's about the size and shape of large pumpkin, more of an ochre than an orange, warm to the touch, faintly redolent of burnt coal.

Dedalus

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

"I'm a Fan of Man" -- Satan as played by Al Paccino in "The Devil's Advocate"

Guess that'd have to describe me. I think that I believe in mankind's potential. The "Golden Rule" is merely a regurgitation of a line of thought that has proven true throughout existence. Oh, sure it's pharased differently from culture to culture, but it means the same thing. As the wiccans have put it : "Harm No one." If people can see the wisdom of striving to live by this, much of man's problems can be alleviated.

JMO

Coon

Of the "don't believe in God" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit