Memoral time kids...... anyone going?

by Pepper 26 Replies latest social relationships

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I always felt that there was something wrong with the way the WTS does the Memorial.

Sure, they talk about the ransom, the death of Jesus, but there was always something missing.

Could it be that everyone gets together and rejects the ransom?????

NO, I will not be going............if I felt it was necessary to observe the Memorial, the JW's would be the LAST place I would celebrate it. Never!!! I can't even imagine sitting through that drivel.

On April 16, we will be in Florida with Venice and her folks. Lots more fun and infinitely more spiritual.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Response: WHHHHYYY?

I never *did* get that blasted "celebration." Sitting there watching the plate of hard pita bread passed down the rows followed by a glass of merlot that maybe one person at the most got to take a sip of. THAT'S a celebration??? Not where I come from. I always marvelled at people viewing it as a blessed, spiritual, joyous occasion. Got to wonder what THEY do for fun.

I confess, that was one of the things I was *happiest* about not having to go to.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    . It's going to feel pretty weird, but at the same time I have no desire to go.

I know what you mean. The last one I went to was in 2000. It was an odd hall that I had never even been in, and the only meeting I had been to that year. No one knew who I was and they all preyed upon me like a newly interested one. I never went back again and it doesnt feel odd at all now.

In fact it would be VERY odd now to see a hundred or so folks pass around some crackers and cheap wine while NOBODY drinks or eats it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if they would get mad if I plopped an Alka Seltzer in the wine as it passed?

• ISP
    ISP

I wont be going again! The memorial is the most futile ritual I can imagine! Who says that dubs dont get involved in ritualism?

ISP

• berylblue
    berylblue

I've said it before and I'll say it again...since it's the only glass of wine I've ever passed up (at the Memorial), I think I'll pass this year.

Do more good to read the NT at home.

Beryl

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

oops guess I'm late, Seinfeld was on, and master of your domain was the topic, how fitting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit