Memoral time kids...... anyone going?

by Pepper 26 Replies latest social relationships

• Pepper
    Pepper

I don't about you all but being raised a Jehovah's Witness was so ingrained in me that going to the memoral seems the right thing to do at this time of the year. So I for one will do it for no other reason other than I was trained that way, and of course I like the song they sing its touching and I am a big sinner lord have mercey! Pepper

• hippikon
    hippikon

If there is nothing on TV and there is no beer in the fridge and I even remember what night it is I may go.

But only if they build a KH next to my house so I don't have to walk to far.

Has anyone been to a memorial stoned - I was when I went to my first one many years ago as a strung out bible study.... I should have been tripping then it may have been interesting.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

You'd be a lot better off attending a Good Friday service and then Easter morning. You actually, like, get to participate and understand the real meaning of Jesus' death and resurrection instead of the WTS version of "celebrating" Michael the archangel's demise.

I wouldn't set foot in a KH ever again. Brrr, the thought of it makes my skin crawl.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

HI Pepper

Not on your life. I was not raised a dub. I spent seven years in the borg and feel tremendously for those who were raised in this brain numbing nonsense. I will never set foot inside a KH again. My roomie was raised up in it and i see the damage that was done to her. Guilt, fear, low self-esteem, paranoia, i could go on and on. So to answer your question:

NO I WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE MEMORIAL.

• neyank
    neyank

"Memoral time kids...... anyone going?"

Not me.

I always felt that there was something wrong with the way the WTS does the Memorial.

Sure, they talk about the ransom, the death of Jesus, but there was always something missing.

It turned into a 'Let's look around the KH to see if anyone is partaking of the emblems.'

It seemed like there was more emphasis being put on who should and shouldn't take the emblems than what the ocasion realy stood for.

It seemed like they were almost worried that someone in attendance might actually partake.

I won't go because I don't agree with the WTS version of it.

neyank

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

No way will I be a part of the Watchtower census! Their 'celebration' has nothing to do with Jesus any more than their beliefs have to do with God.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

RE: Anyone going -

Not me! I think that everyone else should examine their motives - if they feel they need to go.

This is nothing but a 'dog and pony' show - where they strut about and put on fake smiles. <shudder>

I also think that one needs to beware of these types of meetings - especially where the masses are taught to just do what they are told and not question it.

I seem to remember another group long ago... led by a Jim Jones - that also did what they were told. It could happen folks. I want to be no where near a KH when they initiate an 'everyone partakes this year' policy.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

This will be my first year not going. It's going to feel pretty weird, but at the same time I have no desire to go.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My father in law took the emblems, so I used to go to hear Bill give the talk; and also because Nina kept putting a guilt trip on me. But since he's dead now, there's no hold and no reason to go.

So I'll just stay home drink some wine and eat some crackers.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

No, never, nada, jamais, would rather be dead than attend another one of those farces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit