What to do if you’re a billionaire religion and a city of your brothers are trapped by a landslide and starving....

by Diogenesister 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

..........make a phone call.📞

Yes, that’s what the multi billion dollar corporation, Watchtower, claimed they did in the 2019 convention.

Devastating mudslides in rural Myanmar left thousands of people cut off from food, water and medicine, many of them Witnesses.

Watchtowers solution? Fly in a helicopter of medics and engineers? Pay for Red Adare to blast a path through the mud?Not quite......

In the recent “ Show Love etc” boasting session convention, Watchtower unwittingly showed their true colours. It’s solution to this unfolding tragedy was to “ make a phone call” to the local “disaster committee,” AKA the local body of elders in the next city, and ask them to go “check” on the congregations affected.

This resource-poor group of elders had to Send a middle aged CO AND HIS WIFE (yes JW men “take the lead” and are really there when it counts🤬) who walked over 65 miles in four days of treacherous mudslides ( at times clinging on to cliff faces) loaded down with food and supplies.

Even the CO had to keep himself going by saying under his breath “ This is for gods kingdom this is for the kingdom”( hmmm, doesn’t sound much like self sacrificing love). Despite that I give props to this couple, but it really demonstrated to me that despite the translator maintaining the victims were “soooooo grateful to jehovahs organisation”, jehovahs organisation basically made a phone call. It’s what they did. Literally.🤔📞

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

God doesn't really care about those brown/yellow people on the other side of the planet anyway.

You'd think TP Tony could have spared a bottle of Macellan's!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@dio...what food did the CO couple carry....5 loaves and 2 fishes ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If anyone...it would have been the Mormon Church who flew the helicopter in to the rescue of those in need. Watchtower Corporation is way to stingy!

Too much for Jesus' annointed GB to think that this landslide would be a good time to do the 'Good Samaritan' deed!

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Really if this is true how much food and water could one old age couple carry? These stories are often fake but really if true again why didn’t all the brothers that could travel go? How much more food water and medical supplies could they all carry if they all or at least most able bodied went? What’s really the story is that this poor country with even poorer JWs most likely could not muster more then enough food water and supplies then one older couple could carry. And of course there was no food or supplies coming from the Borg. Pathetic!!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"By a telephone call, all will know that you are my brothers." (John 42:14 - RNWT)

• tiki
    tiki

By their fruits you will recognize them......

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Always the arrangement is for " someone " to provide the means, especially regarding funds. Look at any story, it is always someone who opens their home, buys an airline ticket, new stuff. Never wt money.

And all the experiences given as proof are in fact only anecdotal with no way to verify

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Road to nowhere it is always someone who opens their home, buys an airline ticket, new stuff. Never wt money.

This is my point exactly!! It was the *local people that put together the food, water and ( I imagine, pretty basic) medicine, not Watchtower, It’s local JW funds. And given the country involved I’m willing to bet a lot of the donations came from non JW family members & friends of the neighbouring congregations.

* the conventionvideo did show that a few others accompanied the CO and his wife by the way.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Stan 😂😂😂😂

think id prefer the old h20 into wine trick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit