Does the watchtower view anyone that is Df as Gods,enemy

by poopie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

Df friend says yes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Their PR spin would be 'No, they see a DFd person as someone who needs to repent and return to Jehovah".

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Well as one of my family happily said to me one day "they are either with us or they are against us". That is their stand.

The shunning of a disfellowshipped person is supposed to make them see the error of their ways and make them return to Jehovah. Cutting them off and making them miss family and friends. In this day and age if your family and friends cut you off, there are many other places you can find friends and so it is my opinion that the function of disfellowshipping does not work. It has the opposite effect and pushes the shunned one further away and into relationships and friendships with others.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

Yes they do.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

DF friend is right.

It's utterly horrible. Not to mention most DF people are desperate not to be DF; so for WT to say it's to show them the 'error of their ways' is absurd. They know they error...they are just imperfect, like Jesus said: forgive not 7 times but 77 times.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

No. An enemy would be a person that God finds to be a fighter against the kingdom.

• Chook
    Chook

I've seen in print that god views them as dead.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    If friendship with the world equals enmity with god wouldn't that kind of mean that those who are out are therefore enemies of god. That would seem to be a Watchtower corporation stance.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I've seen in print that god views them as dead.

If they were dead they could not repent and come back. The WT uses the example in the Bible back in the Apostles day of the man who was having sex with his fathers wife or something like that and had to be df but later repented and taken back. But the wt does not give up hope that the prodigal son someday will come to his senses. At least that is how I feel about it. There is not hate, only pain. Remember how King David felt when his son Absalom turned on him - no hate, only pain.

• poopie
    poopie

I think if you not part of there family or close friends many view the df as a person that has leprosy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit