Please advise!

by yesidid 16 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

If my husband and I were to shuffle off this mortal coil anytime soon there would be a fair amount of money to be divided between our witness relatives.

What do you think about this idea?

We give everyone between $50,000 and $100,000 each ON THE CONDITION that they read both of Ray Franz's books.

They would have, say six months to collect the money, then each would have a different set of questions to be answered from the books. No answers no money?

Is that a good idea?

What do you think their reactions would be?

We are still undercover at the moment.

• LB
    LB

Just a little more info please. I think you found a glitch.

• Gopher
    Gopher

My advice would be stay away from the harmful teachings of JW's, look out for the leaven of those Pharisees!

Another piece of advice (hey you asked for advice) is to put some actual text in your post. That would make for more interesting reading!!

• riz
    riz

if you are thinking of wearing white shoes with your black stockings, don't. in fact, don't wear white shoes. ever.

• yesidid
    yesidid

You are all co cute!!!!!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Yesidid,

This is a very interesting scenario. It reminds me how priceless it would be to have my "relative" leave the Org. Like you , I have a quite

substantial amount of dosh that I would be willing to give away in return for a reversal of allegiance to the WBTS from her. I would prefer to

still be alive on this Earth if it were ever to happen, though! Yesidid, is there any reason why you are so sure that you cannot do anything to

help your relatives now? From what you have said thusfar, you seem to feel that they are set in their ways and are infallible. But take a look

at the number of posters on this site who were in similar situations, but left!

Hope that helps,

Spanner

• Scully
    Scully

Well, since you did ask....

I'd like to suggest that rather than asking them to read the books as a condition of their inheritance, perhaps you could purchase a set of Franz's books for each of your family members as a gift that they will receive upon your untimely demise.

You probably already know that any amount of money that you bequeath to a JW is going to find its way to the coffers at the WTBTS, so if that's not where you want your money to end up, consider doing something else with it. Like setting up educational trust funds for grandchildren/nieces/nephews so that they can attend college instead of becoming window washers and janitors. That way, whoever is administering your estate (preferably a non-JW lawfirm) will see to it that it gets used appropriately, and not to finance a KH building or Assembly Hall or end up in any way, shape, or form as an asset for the WTS.

Love, Scully

• Francois
    Francois

I recommend a totally different approach: SPEND ALL THE MONEY NOW.

francois

Or send it to me and I will help you.

• JH
    JH

I didn't even read the book and I know it is a phony religion. What is in that book that people don't already know? A person with half a brain can see that something is wrong in the JW religion.

• hooberus
    hooberus

For less you could hire a professional exit counselor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit