Maybe they are starting to get it!!

by Mulan 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Loved your sheep/shepherd analogy crinklestein. And Dansk, I am impressed by your exJW maturity for such a short term exJW. Must have a really good head on your shoulders.

Gamaliel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Outlaw,

First penguins and now sheep! I am getting worried about you in the Great White.

HS

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

"If a sheep gets lost and falls onto a ledge, it is the sheep's responsibility to yelp loud enough for the shepherd to hear it and come. "

Man, I hope none of these people are ever in charge of children during any outing! So if there's a lot of kids in the group when they go out do they honestly mean that they won't do a head count before they take off in the car??!! Do they honestly mean that they will not even bother to make sure that they have all the kids in the car and just say, "Well, it's the kid's responsibility to yell if he's lost? And if I don't hear a yell then I'm just gonna leave." ???!!! This is infuriating!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Actually, a recent WT used a different illustration. If a sheep gets lost and falls onto a ledge, it is the sheep's responsibility to yelp loud enough for the shepherd to hear it and come. It is not the shepherd's responsibility to take a head count and notice one is missting and go looking until he finds it. The sheep must yelp to be found.

This is just disgusting.

• LB
    LB

Dubs and their illustrations. So you have to yelp? OK, maybe not attending meetings is a yelp in itself. Maybe they have to listen.

turds

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

OK, maybe not attending meetings is a yelp in itself.

So true. Unfortunately dub elders only take notice when they can pin something on you.

As mentioned, a piss poor excuse for a parent would be, "uhhh, I didnt take a head count 'cause I didnt hear any 'yelping'. "

As much as the WTS likes to use the "children of God" stuff, you'd think there would be a bit more care in watching over such ones.

Boozy

• Princess
    Princess

The congregation Mulan is referring to is so unbelievably lame the lost sheep could be shooting off flares and they still wouldn't check to see what was wrong.

As to a warm welcome and not shunning and whispering, they fell a bit short there too. Steve and I were warmly welcomed by a friend and his wife. One sister came up and asked me what we were doing there, in a tone suggesting we shouldn't be. The lead pioneer (total bitch but that's another story) made a nasty comment which we also ignored.

The rumors flying around since that night are just hilarious. They are saying I was carrying a boombox, some say a video camera. I had a small digital camera in my pocket. The picture taking obviously threw them. There are reports I was videotaping the whole meeting. There is more but I don't want to hijack this thread any more. I'll just leave it at the congo is lame and I wouldn't worry about anyone other than the assigned elders making the call.

Rachel

• JH
    JH

Business must be bad

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

he said all those in the congregation can and should call on inactive ones regularly, and truly encourage them. And...............when and if they show up at the KH, they should be warmly welcomed, and not whispered about, and not shunned.

Mulan,

There's nothing new in that, for it's the same old position. But, we all know there's more to it, don't we? Just look at Princess's situation.

What isn't included in the public statements via the Kingdom Ministry and the Service Meeting is what the elders have been instructed at the recent Kingdom Ministry School and letters to BOE. When they visit they are to ask the inactive person if they still accept that that the WTS is the F&DS. As soon as the interviewee shows lack of resolve, he/she's gone. DA the next week!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mulan:

you said:

We are still waiting for our call.

We have had a few brothers at our front door, but we didn't open it. I was feeling bad about this, sort of a home-but-hiding stance. But, not now. If these brothers/sisters were our true "friends", they would come calling in their jeans and sneakers, not in their official JW dress. True friends would come, not to count time on their service sheet or place magazines, they would come on their own free time out of concern for their "friends." The JW's never make "true friends", only "conditional friends."

They haven't been very agressive in trying to set anything up with us. I guess time will tell, it is already March. Even so, we would refuse to meet with them anyhow. Arguing anything with a witness, is like banging your head against a wall. No point in doing it. It is a waste of time, unless you WANT to go back.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit