A talk about 1975 from 1972

by Nostromo 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Everybody knows the famous "stay alive still 75" audio clip but here is a clip from 1972 with English subtitles. Harold Mouritz was the Branch Committee member in Finland when he gave this talk. Later he became the coordinator of the Australian Branch. I wonder what he thinks about this talk now if he is still alive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgJzIJEe-M

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Our Man!

Assuming the translation is accurately done, quite a damning recording.

It's no wonder things are going south in Norway.

The speaker was born in 1927, so it seems unlikely that either he or his wife, who is also pictured a couple of times, are still living in 2023. Maybe, but unlikely.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow!🤯That's the first time I've heard this talk - there's absolutely no denying his meaning here....no fudging his words whatsoever! The society has never been this way with any other date....even 1914!!!

An aside....is that the dude as a younger man on the two photos at left?? With beard? Or is that channel owner?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Did he also have the scoop on Theodore (Ted) Jaracz?

'A further change took place in branch administration with the arrival of Brother Harold V. (Viv) Mouritz and his wife, Ann, on September 1, 1981.

Brother Mouritz had served in the Australian Bethel as a young man prior to his marriage in the early 1950’s and then shared in circuit work and other full-time activity before attending the 33rd class of Gilead in 1959.'

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301983003

'In July 1946, at the age of 20, Ted graduated from the seventh class of the Watchtower Bible School of Gilead. After that, he served as a traveling overseer in Cleveland, Ohio. Some four years later, he was assigned to serve as branch servant in Australia.

After some five years in Australia, Ted returned to the United States and then came to pioneer in Vancouver. We were married on December 10, 1956'

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20150915/melita-jaracz-blessing-in-life/

'Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia president Harold Mouritz told AAP church elders did not instruct victims to stay away from the police.

During sentencing Judge John Goldring criticised the lack of action by the Jehovah’s Witness, officially known as the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society, after Souter admitted the offences to church elders.'

https://www.religionnewsblog.com/908/jehovahs-witnesses-accused-of-abuse

• Gorb
    Gorb

What a mess.

G.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

I think you missed one, Harold:

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scripture, even more clearly than

that of 1914..." - Watchtower July 15, 1924 page 211

A+ for EFFORT.

F- for truthfulness of content and historical accuracy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The speech was very manipulative.

It is easy to spot the hype now. But, back then for the average blue collar worker that just wants to be told what to do, that kind of talking is very effective.

It has the “ring of truth”, if you are an uneducated mental midget.

It’s sad how predators prey on the weakest among us.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Sea Breeze: It has the “ring of truth”, if you are an uneducated mental midget.

More than a little insulting. Tell me, are you still into science denialism?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

As a rule, I don't watch these videos; for some reason they make my skin crawl. If he really is saying what the OP says he is, that's some smoking gun!

Of course, the JW apologists will write it off as apostate rewriting of history. Perhaps Harold Mouritz was listening to apostates in 1972? 🙄

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Nicolaou,

The speaker used logical fallacies much the same as you do.

The speakers’ thesis was that since God said he wouldn’t leave his sons in darkness, then his information (about 1975) was proof of the fulfillment of that promise. That is really bad Circular reasoning and he offered zero proof, again much the same way you fail to use logic properly. Since, you “know” that God doesn’t exist, then you must be right?

I think the term mental midget is appropriate as used.

I hope you evolve a better understanding of logical reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit