A talk about 1975 from 1972

by Nostromo 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Reasonfirst
    Reasonfirst

I remember Viv Mouritz. He came from a large family of JWs. His Brother, John was well know in Sydney, and another brother Doug., was a circuit overseer. There was another brother who (I seem to remember) was quite as 'faithful.'

There's a previous thread on Viv; https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/246746/viv-moritz-australian-experience

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Anyone that makes predictions in gods name like this should suffer public humiliation and hang their head in shame when it doesn't come to pass for the rest of their lives.The organisation they represent should be ashamed and at least offer an apology or an explanation.

However, in the borg it doesnt work like that. Viv Moritz was one of the most admired men at the Australian bethel. In the 90's, I remember a bethel friend of mine speaking about him in almost hushed tones of reverence.

As far as 1975 being a notable year, the number one song that year, according to wikipedia was by Captain and Tennille. That says everything about how important 1975 was in the scheme of things.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

It isn't just what was written in their literature which condemns them over 1975.

What was said from the platform is just as damning (as demonstrated here).

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Captain and Tennille 1975 hit - "Love Will Keep Us Together". Unfortunately, love didn't keep many JW's together after the false prophecy failed.

Captain & Tennille - Wikipedia

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Amazing I know Viv when he was in Australia...this is unreal thank you so much can't believe this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit