A simple explanation for the financial changes

by JeffT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

JeffT:

"The leadership of the Watchtower Society is batshit crazy."

They have been rational enough throughout the last 130 some years; why should they be crazy now?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ahh haha JeffT!

Love it. I thought we were going to get an in depth analytical post...but your simple explanation is fantastic!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They should have cleared a wack of cash from the sale of the Brooklyn properties, but they are not acting like they are sitting on wack of cash, they are acting more and more like they are tettering on bankruptcy. Congregation cash grab, begging for money, now this. Even when you factor in child abuse lawsuits and dwindling contributions, it doesn't account for this level of desperation. You don't halt projects right in the middle, it leaves you with an unsellable, half finished property, plus you lose the cost all the materials you purchased. What changed that much in a year?

Maybe it's just a temporary cash flow issue, or maybe they have some hits on their investments, or maybe there are lawsuits we don't know about, it's hard to say. Not everything go through the courts, the Conti case cost them plenty, not just in money, but bad publicity, maybe they are being forced to settle some large claims because they are afraid more publicity will get back to the rank and file.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JeffT: there is no big (or little) plan, there is nothing to figure out because they don't know what they're doing.

Thanks for supporting what I've been saying for years.

You have seven uneducated yahoos that actually believe "God chose them" to lead his people.

They're complete fuckin' idiots. They were handed on a silver platter a growing religion (aka real estate and publishing empire) and they drove it into the ground because they are stupid.

Yes, that's right: Tight Pants Tonny, Ol' Rubber-face Stevie, Sammy the Bigot, Davey the 'splainer, Jack-me-off Geoffey, Douche-bag Lösch and Marky-mark the Wannabe-Underlapper are all a bunch of fuckin' delusional, paranoid idiots.

Any god that would pick these guys for anything oughta' have His head examined!

Let's review children: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

LisaRose: Maybe it's just a temporary cash flow issue, or maybe they have some hits on their investments, or maybe there are lawsuits we don't know about, it's hard to say.

Or maybe the people that are REALLY running this scam cashed out and are now MIA: adios, sayonara, so long, ciao.

• never a jw
    never a jw

@oubliette

Or maybe the people that are REALLY running this scam cashed out and are now MIA: adios, sayonara, so long, ciao.

I like your theory. It fits well with my idea that the magnificent seven are just a bunch of idiots who couldn't manage their own personal budgets, let alone a multi-billion dollar real estate empire. You just provided another piece of the puzzle. Thank you.

• Cangie
    Cangie
    I'm with "oubliette" and "never a jw"...some one else has GOT to be steering the ship. Those 7 yahoos couldn't run an ice-cream truck---they'd have it in the ditch in no time flat! I was just thinking of that today. Wouldn't it be funny if the REAL "masters" have taken the money, disappeared, and are leaving these guys holding the bag with the whole mess about to fall down around their ankles?
  • Listener
    Listener

This is another good reason why the GB agreed to resign as Directors from the WTBTS in 2000 BUT it wasn't enough.

In 2013 when it must have become painfully obvious to them that they could be blamed and held accountable for the mismanagement of finances they made another huge change.

They resigned from their position as having been appointed over all Christ's earthly belongings which included all the physical assets and finances.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I think the $hit is about to hit the fan with these financial issues. Probably that Royal Commission had more detrimental effects which we don't really know about.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Whey should their handling of money be any different?

They've been around for over 100 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit