Elusive happiness teaches a hidden truth!

by iconoclastic 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

truthseeker100:

"He/She should be sharing his pearls of wisdom with active engaged JW's who have been conditioned, trained and are willing not to think."

He wouldn't last a minute on a JW website. Only here would he be put up with.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

VillageIdiot: He wouldn't last a minute on a JW website. Only here would he be put up with.

You are probably right village, I don't know because I have never attempted to post anything on a JW website. I don't mind hearing things from other posters that I disagree with, If reading what I feel are laughable and futile attempts at cult recruitment on here are the price we have to pay to keep an open mind then so be it.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I get your point about "elusive" happiness inconoclasic.

I think "elusive" happiness is both internal and external, influenced by change. Each day we change, even in the way we think. We must be open to change, but to much thinking can be as shit, as can be to much anything.

Many keep their clothes clean, are only content with the best piece of meat and most expensive wine. Others are never content with out understanding and developing the mind. However some like their potatoes with cabbage, and are happy living largely on little education. Often I have noticed these simple uncomplicated people are the most happy.

But we each have our philosophy and we each have our vision of truth, preaching them would make this thread go on for page after page. It's definitely not profitable reading.

The Rebel.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

The Rebel,

Nicely put!

That’s all what I wanted to convey. Many feel that ‘If I reach there, I will be happy’—but truth is that you can be happy even now, whatever you do, do it with 100% involvement. Like in Examination Hall, 3-hours will pass like three minute. In ego there is no peace—and ego is just a thought which can easily be overcome or done away with if one wants to.

Have a great day!

Icon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit