WT Contradiction - Are the other sheep sons of God?

by artful 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• artful
    artful

Hi jgnat:
    According to verse 34, and according to the WTS the 'other sheep' are the ones who receive an inheritance for doing good to the 'brothers' (anointed). As far as I can tell, the WTS doesn't indicate that the sheep ARE the anointed, but rather they are the 'other sheep' who do good to the brothers - those who have already been chosen by Christ. However, they of course refer to the inheritance of 'other sheep' as being 'earthly' and the anointed as being 'heavenly'. As you pointed out from the scripture, Jesus' parable gives no indication of two different destinations or inheritances. So you are right to say that according to the WTS teaching, it could be said that there is another division between the anointed and the other sheep once the goats are dealt with.

xjw_b12: I'm sure you are right, most would not pick up on this conflict. From my own experience, I know that when I stumbled across such gems in the past, my Bible-trained (read: WT-trained) conscious would quickly steer me away from such critical thoughts! LOL regarding the writer(s). However, unless they monitor this board, I would think that they are likely not even aware of any inconsistency!

Thanks for all of your comments!
    Cheers Artful

• topanga
    topanga

uh before becoming a jw did anyone ever even have an earthly hope after reading the bible ?

i never heard of it until i started studying and had it forced upon me as the only option.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit