WT Contradiction - Are the other sheep sons of God?

by artful 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Will Power
    Will Power

Typical doublespeak, thank you so much for putting these 2 side by side.

Sargon if you're reading, this is an excellent question.

Blondie:

until they successfully pass the final test at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ and receive everlasting life.

Isn't 1,000 years like a day?

Art: let us know if anything becomes of this. This current gaff should be easier to question than anything that was "old light" since they themselves should be wrestling with it, trying not to harbor an independent thought.

• blondie
    blondie
    Isn't 1,000 years like a day?

Only if you are God, Will Power, only if you are God.

Blondie

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I was doing my research as we were leaving I looked at all these contradictions and concluded the writing department was making it up as it went a long. Nobody is looking at it and saying "hey this isn't what we said last month."

• Faraon
    Faraon

We are all sons of God, Just like Abraham had only one son.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/abes_sons.html

• artful
    artful

Will Power: you're right, because these are very recent magazines it does have a bit more impact on those in the org, as they will generally expect their "current truth" to be accurate!
    JeffT: it certainly seems like the WTS writers/editors are not comparing notes with each other!

jgnat: Thanks for your comments, you wrote

______

The daily bible reading last week gave a most interesting interpretation. Since the WTS has determined that only the anointed receive the inheritance, the "other sheep" don't get to participate in this momentous separation of the sheep and the goats. So the evil are judged, and the anointed the judged. So what are the "other sheep"; chopped liver?

_______

I find the interpretation (at your daily bible reading) that the "other sheep" do not receive any inheritance rather curious. The WTS clearly teaches that the "brothers" in this parable are the anointed, and those performing acts of kindness to the brothers are the "other sheep". Therefore, the separation is of the sheep (read: other sheep) and the goats (read: all non-Witnesses) with the sheep receiving an inheritance. I posted another thread on this topic at: Are the "Other Sheep" heirs to the Kingdom?

This teaching can be demonstrated by their own publications, for instance, this is on their "official" Web site:

________

http://www.watchtower.org/library/dg/article_11.htm

The sheep are humble people who associate with and support Christ's brothers, submitting to God's rule. The goats are stubborn people who reject Christ's brothers and do nothing to support God's rule. With what result? Jesus said: "These [the goats] will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones [the sheep] into everlasting life."

italics mine

_________

The interpretation of the dub who was giving your bible reading leads me to think that he had his facts wrong...which really isn't hard to do when presented with such convoluted teachings!!

You hit the nail on the head when you said that (according to the WTS) Jesus is really only concerned with the welfare of his "brothers", which is of course only around 8,800. This not only short changes his gift but is a real slap in the face!!

Cheers

Artful

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

The bible never says anything about there being THREE groups at the end. It says the sheep and the goats... the right and the left. And it says that the sheep inherit the kingdom of God. It doesn't say SOME sheep inherit it. It says THE SHEEP INHERIT IT. It says the goats do not. There is no mention whatsoever of there being a different sheep class during this weeding out process. They ARE making it up as they go along and they misuse the scriptures to prove whatever point they're trying to make at that time. Bastards, every one of them!

• Will Power
    Will Power

yea but aren't those the ones caught up in the air?

don't the R & F JWs just get left on the earth .... that just disappeared?

Will

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Artful,

thanks for the very interesting topic. Tipical double talk

from the WTBS Inc. I'll comment more on it.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, Artful. I understand that the "other sheep" are supposed to participate like everybody else, it is verse 34 that "stumbles" me. The sheep receive Jesus' inheritance in heaven. So it makes me wonder if in the WT world, there is another division between the anointed and the other sheep after the goats are dealt with.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hello Artful.

Nice to meet your acquiantance.

Very interesting post. Hard to believe 2 articles just a month apart can give out very obviously conflicting messsages. Not that most dubs would ever pick up on it.

Makes you wonder if the same writer(s) were responsible for both articles. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that writing committee meeting...if it ever came up for discussion ! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit