New Job & New Life in Vancouver Canada!

by ESTEE 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

ESTEE!

Excellent! Congratulations! I can tell you are so happy about this. Great opportunity, and great place. You'll totally love it.

I haven't been to Vangroovy in almost 10 years. It has changed considerably since I was there, but I know for a fact: it's warmer than Saskatoon in January/February, and warmer than Toronto.

I know a very cool and wonderful XJW there. He and I have known each other for more than 10 years. He is like a big brother to me, and a constant pillar of support and encouragement. I will have to tell him about you. But no worries, you have some settling to do, moving and heaven knows what else. I would not devulge your e-mail etc., to anyone without your permission.

ESTEE, my hat goes off to you. If and when it's possible, go over to the North Vancouver when you have some time, and head towards Deep Cove. There'll be a turn off for Mount Seymour. I love it up there. You're over a mile up, and you can see the greater Vancouver area, the Georgia Strait, northwestern Washington State, the Olympic Mountains and Mount Baker as well as way off, Mount Ranier. It's free to go up there, and there's nothing blocking your view. It's incredible!

Hope to see you when I get out there. We must do coffee...and go the Flying Wedge Pizza.

Best of luck, best wishes, and continued success! You deserve it!

• Simon
    Simon

ESTEE: We've never made it to Vancouver yet but plan to one day ... we've popped over to BC while we've been visiting Alberta / Calgary and it is very beautiful (I've yet to find a bit of Canada that is't). We're planning on moving to that area so it won't be far for a big Canadian Apostafest!

We'll get there one day ... in the meantime, will you consider adopting me?

• Scully
    Scully

Estee!!

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Vancouver is a beautiful city, and the climate is great if you hate cold and snow! Just don't forget to pack your rain gear! I haven't visited in years, but I fell in love with the scenery and mild climate.

Love, Scully

• obiwan
    obiwan

I've been through B.C. and it is a great city, I would like to go back someday.

• JH
    JH

Estee,

I wish you the best in your new job, and hope to hear from you soon. I never went to Vancouver. Must be a very nice city. Canada is sooo big.

Take care

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Estee,

Congrats on your new appointment and good luck with the move.

cheers, Ozzie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

ESTEE WOO ! WOO !

Awesome news. I am envious of you.

Couple of questions for ya. Is this a new job, or a transfer with a company you are already working with ? Is the move to be closer to family ? I know you've mentioned your daughter in a previous post..

Nice to have the Sky Train, nice and close, because no one in their right mind, would want to make the commute into Vancouver every workday, by car. I've been out to Vancouver a number of times the past 15 years, and driving into, around, and out of Greater Van, can be very frustrating. At least Toronto area has a half decent highway sytem. ( even if you have to pay a toll to use it LOL )

Anyways you will be closer to many in that area, who are members of this board, including my mom and dad.

Congrats, and best wishes in your new adventure. Keep us posted.

David

• Navigator
    Navigator

Congratualations! Beautiful city. I was there last summer returning from an Alaskan cruise. Stanley Park is gorgeous as are the Burchart Gardens over on Vancouver Island. If you are going to work downtown, you may need to practice your Chinese.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Estee,

I am so happy for you! You will love it out here! And the SkyTrain is the best way to get around, the service is excellent.

You can't beat B.C. winters! You will wonder why you stayed in the prairies for so long.

Congratulations on your new job!

Richard

• Brummie
    Brummie

ESTEE all the best to you on your new move & new life.

Will miss seeing you around so regular for the next couple of weeks

((((((((((( E)))))))))))))

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit