It's 110% impossible to deny now: Video evidence of the Chile flags

by ILoveTTATT2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash
    Redvip, it's common in Chile kingdom halls because it's the law.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    So what is the official justification to this?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

According to John Cedars' website,

Chile has a special two-day national celebration, known as Fiestas Patrias, on September 18th and 19th. On these two days, ALL public buildings are to display the national flag, either on a flag pole or otherwise adorning the front of the building. Any institutions that refuse to show the flag do so at the risk of paying a fine.
    Though reportedly some congregations would rather pay the fine than display a national symbol on a building dedicated to worship, it seems not all the bodies of elders in Chile see it as a problem.
    Some have suggested that the disparity has been caused by congregations being instructed by the branch that they can decide for themselves whether to show the flag or not, but that if they refuse to show it they will be liable themselves for paying any fine. This has yet to be verified.

If it were in the U.S., they could tell the authorities that the building belongs to Watchtower. I don't know who owns the building in Chile.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

2017:

With footage taken inside the Kingdom Hall while meeting was happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEl3OtW6GEM

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

I attended an international convention in Santiago Chile... uh like 10 years ago. What struck me as odd was that I received many gifts from chilean JWs on site at the convention that contained the chile flag -- and these were hand made trinkets and such. I remember being very confused thinking, "If I started giving out american flags at a get together in the US I'm sure there would be big issues with doing so." Maybe it's a cultural thing in chile so entranced that the JWs are allowed to be patriotic there.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"With Photoshop anything can be done on the internet to make things appear or sound any way you want them to."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I brought this issue to the attention of a local elder, with factual evidence, he just told me that I was " nit picking"......There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

However, my dub wife said that she would NEVER worship in a K/H with a national flag on it!

• pimojw
    pimojw

i cant be bothered right now to find the references, but this is allowed by wt. there is direction on it somewhere. even some bethels have displayed the flag. it may be in the holy of holy documents cg (correspondence guidelines) but its definitely allowed if necessary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit