This newly leaked letter PROVES the WTS are hypocrates and do not speak the truth.

by Dunedain 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    The work of the Royal Commission has taken the wind out of their sails. :(
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Why are they laying off Bethelites, ALL OVER THE WORLD, not just the U.S., but even in the supposed countries that the work is "increasing".Why have they stopped building Kingdom Halls,"

Some misunderstandings here. Bethelites are sent to the congregations, to take part in the witnessing work. Secondly, KH building has not stopped - it is increasing. What has stopped, seems to be larger constructions like convention halls.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    TheOldHippie, thanks for a little more info, appreciated. I had figured that when it was said that construction projects were all halted, except up in Warwick, that it included KH's also, but i guess not. The sending of Bethelites to the congregations for witnessing work, has always been. I was in a congregation within driving distance from Brooklyn headquarters, and we always had many Bethelites in the cong and helping in the preaching work, but these changes ARE indeed lay-offs for many brothers in Bethel, i personally know of some affected by these new changes.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Looks like the Watchtower Publishing Kingdom is starting to show some crippling and weakening cracks. All of those years of lying and deceiving the public as well its operative corruption is now taking its toll.

Nevertheless the organization's leaders will try and maintain the power and financial structure for their own sake, its their retirement and livelihood after all.

• donny
    donny

I remember back around 1991 when a fellow ministerial servant was telling me about the slow collapse of his cousins church, The Worldwide Church of God. They produced a popular free monthly magazine called "The Plain Truth" which had a circulation of around 8 million a month.

The WCOG, like the Witnesses, sprang from the Adventist movement of the late 1800's and they too stated holidays like Christmas, Easter etc were of pagan origin. Some members, who had become JW's, talked about how similar the religions were.

In 1986, the oracle of the church, Herbert W. Armstrong, died and the group began to unravel. Eventually the magazine became smaller and less frequently issued and this "brother JW" of mine began to say that this was an obvious sign that the religion and its publications were not approved by Jehovah.

However, the WT and Awake were increasing which showed the big mans blessing upon them.

Well I wonder what he has to say on this development. Does this mean Jehovah no longer supports the organization and its publications?

What goes around comes around.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The World Wide Church of God was another religious organization that cultivated its followers via its literature and radio broadcasts, which contained mostly false concocted doctrines. This organization also drew in millions $$$ by naive, gullible ignorant people, thinking that he Herbert Armstrong was the truly chosen interpreter of the bible by himself God.

Of course this organization eventually crumbled over upon its own self absorbed inherent corruption, lies and troubles.

• Perry
    Perry

I have long seen similarities between the Armstrong organization and the Watchtower.

At some point, the GB are going to have to jettisone the dating of second coming at 1914. When that happens, the general membership will be allowed to have a relationship with Christ through the New Covenant like they did in the beginning.

Who knows?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry:

"I have long seen similarities between the Armstrong organization and the Watchtower."

They both had their 1975 fiasco.

"At some point, the GB are going to have to jettisone the dating of second coming at 1914."

Not necessarily. They'll simply forget the "Generation" teaching which weighs like an anchor on their ship of false prophecies.

"When that happens, the general membership will be allowed to have a relationship with Christ through the New Covenant like they did in the beginning."

So long as they're tied in to their 144,000/great crowd teaching they will make the 144,000 seem as elite as possible and thus restrict the Ransom sacrifice to them. Also, Jesus has been a cardboard figure to them for too long. He's merely an afterthought in their prayers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DUNEDAIN:

Your post is excellent and I remember those comparisons to the scorpions in Revelation!

I feel very sorry for any true believers there who must be feeling deep, deep disappointment over the shocking changes that are happening to their beloved religion.

I myself am sorry about the broken dreams when I was in the religion and it was in its heyday, but it was long ago and I moved on when I found out TTATT!

Good luck to everyone there struggling with mixed emotions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit