How far has Watchtower and the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses gone to stalk and silence critics?

by Balaamsass2 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Didn't the Corporation(tm) (IE the big business pretending to be a religion to get power and above all money), have a go at Kevin McFree because of the Lego characterisation of their fake religion?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

And in the end, McFree prevailed, because it became painfully obvious to the court that the Org was being petty and vindictive.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ya gotta just love Kevin McFree videos. ROFL

Is he still doing them?

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Balaamsass2

I quickly found similar sites. The WTS thought they could control the spread of their deceit. That just isn't possible anymore. Once it is on the 'net they can forget about controlling it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There are many sites run by people who will give in when challenged by a larger and better funded opponent. The WTS knows that many of its legal challenges will not stand up in court, but they are counting on people not wanting to spend money (or not having enough money) to fight even frivolous actions. And the WTS knows that, if it can draw out any legal action, the financial pressure grows even for those who want to fight.

AvoidJW has info on the McFree case, and what the WTS did and tried to do to him:

https://avoidjw.org/news/usa-lengthy-legal-struggle-ends-in-victory/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Remember, folks..,

…the moment you use heavy-handed (or under-handed) methods in your efforts to claim the moral high ground…

…you forfeit the moral high ground.

• Mum
    Mum

I remember an account from Barbara Grizzuti Harrison's book, "Visions of Glory" in which she was asked if she had made the sign of the cross in front of a church. She wondered if there were JW spies following her around the world. I read that book in the '80's. I'm not sure Barbara Grizzuti Harrison is still alive. She was a reporter/journalist whose mother converted to JW. Her book is worth reading if one can still find a copy.

• LV101
    LV101

Couple of great links -- thanks Lee. I'd never read these on jwfacts and can imagine how krazy!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

What a waste of donations going after youtubers! If they really had the truth, they would have nothing to fear!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Sheeples who donate, are truly misinformed and clueless as to where their donations are going toward.

ie,, like secret books like ''Sheppard the Flock of God'' and going after youtubers.

It's like a 'sad' but yet 'liberating' feeling all at once,,,,when you really know where ''donations'' are going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit