How far has Watchtower and the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses gone to stalk and silence critics?

by Balaamsass2 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We have all watched some of the documentaries about the Church of Scientology hiring detectives to stalk and harass their former members,( their "Apostates"). I have heard of individual cases of rabid JW elders stalking Ex-Jws, and of course, one would expect some enforcement of Corporate copyright infringement on anti-JW websites.

What were the most outrageous JW "Stalking" or Investigation stories you remember?

Tonight's 60 Minutes into Ebay stalking a middle-aged couple who writes a newsletter reminded me a lot of the Menlo Park Congregation Watchtower "takeover", closure, and Stalking of local elders to mind. A fascinating 60 Minute story tonight about what can happen when zealous corporate employees have access to time and money.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/investigation-ebay-employees-stalk-harass-couple-60-minutes-transcript-2023-03-26/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org has borrowed pages from Scientology’s playbook before, but they seem to prefer using lawyers more.

• carla
    carla

I remember a story from here and sorry if not completely accurate as it was a number of years ago. A guy who left the org was living with a woman they broke up and he joined the military. I think he was stationed somewhere and he got a message from his old gf that some elders came by her apartment looking for him. She was never a jw if memory serves. Anyway he sent them a picture of himself in his camo to let them know to leave the woman alone. If he still posts here maybe he can elaborate. I thought it was outrageous they would go to a non jw house looking for someone.

Another story from here years ago- some elders were trying to catch someone behaving badly and set up like the cops on a stakeout outside their house and down the block for an extended period of time.

Stories of elders going to people's places of work to have a discussion. They have no boundaries!

There were so many stories about how elders acted it made me nearly paranoid when my jw joined up. Like elders sticking their foot in the door of a jw who missed meeting or even walking in while a woman alone was coming out of shower in towel, he was there to shepherd her? Elders who took it upon themselves to 'help' a single mother by putting the kids to bed! what the hell? yes, you can guess how well that worked out.

So many stories, what a crazy bunch they can be.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    If you watched Winston on one of his channels yeaterday( that's right one of his channels now).....he rebutted one of the WT apologists claiming the WT will not go away. The mind - control is that "deep""....to think some man -made organization cannot be shut - down. All their thinking is done for them.
  • Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

They took a poster here, Quotes, (who ran a website with nothing but WT quotes) to court to get him to take the site down. They forced him to take it down and never post it again because the quotes made them look bad. (See: https://www.chick.com/battle-cry/article?id=ex-jw-sued-for-watchtower-quotes)

JWFacts has a version of it on their website (https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/quotes.php)

Many people picked up the ball when the site was taken down and published various versions of the Quotes.

Can't keep a good quote down it seems.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I believe it is Watchtower Examination 1162 about the Anthony Morris saga.

• solomon
    solomon

Lee

You would think watchtower leadership would be happy that someone else was spreading the good news with a quotes site.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Solomon

You would think but Quotes showed them changing their beliefs so many times it was ridiculous. We were more than happy to spread their beliefs for them.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Their establishing/setting up the PID (Public Information Department) is proof that they want the public and their critics to listen and watch the information about their "SQUEAKY-CLEAN" image. It's all about them being the proverbial "Wizard Of Oz/Man Behind The Curtain" routine which is P.R. for their cultporation. 🤨🤨 Again and once more, they ain't foolin' nobody! ☝🏻☝🏽

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Lee, that Watchtower Quotes site was one of the first "apostate" sites that really got under my skin and started crawling around in my head. I had all those old books and the quotes were 100% accurate. A very effective site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit