Bought My First Christmas Tree Last Night

by pale.emperor 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Pale Emperor;

Buying your first Xmas tree!!! Congratulations!!!!

The taste of freedom is awesome isn't it???

The taste of ''freedom'' is only what a free person can feel.

Enjoy it!!!! Love every minute of it.

• carla
    carla

I love these posts!! Have fun making memories with your little one.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I have no idea what to do with it though. How to decorate it. When to put it up. Where to put it?

Use the best learning management system in the planet, YouTube.

Enjoy the holidays.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Put the lights on first. Then some baubles and decorations. Have fun PE with your little daughter.

• Chook
    Chook

I was fortunate enough to have Christmas throughout my whole childhood, very memorable. It is absolutely cruel to withhold such fun times from children. Don’t forget to send mum a picture.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

You are supposed to hang human heads on it, no?

• jp1692
    jp1692
    PE: I have no idea what to do with it though. How to decorate it. When to put it up. Where to put it?

You'll figure it out. I have faith in you!

You might appreciate this similar experience one of our posters shared a few years ago:

• jp1692
    jp1692

Bumpin' it for the Holidays.

Seasons Greetings y'all!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Artificial trees can be put up any time you feel like it. Cut natural trees need to be kept watered, because once they dry up, they deteriorate quickly and cannot be brought back up. A cut natural tree will last around 6 weeks if kept watered and out of hot areas (such as near hot air registers or the fireplace).

To decorate it, there are as many different ideas as there are trees. Usually, you want to make sure it is standing up and there are plenty of outlets nearby. Natural cut trees need to be watered, but artificial trees do not. (Besides, putting artificial trees near hot air ducts does not shorten their lives as with cut ones). If you are going to use a skirt, now is the time to put that around the tree.

Once this is done, go ahead with the lights. I find LED lights are best (they are more energy efficient and require fewer outlets to safely operate). You can just drape them on the tree, but I find it more appealing to take more time and run the lights up and down each branch. You may, for additional lighting, also run them up some or all the greens but it will take a lot more lights to do this--as many as 80 boxes for a 8 foot/2 1/2 meter tree. Run them all the way up the tree, and put your topper on. Whether you prefer a lit one or not, that is up to you.

With the lights on, put on the ornaments. For maximum appeal, it is going to take serious time because ornaments in the middle of the tree will add appeal. Put your plain, worn out ornaments near the middle of the tree where defects are less apparent. If you light the tree as above suggested, you will be able to see light (and ornaments) near the center of the tree. Put your better ornaments near the exterior of the tree. The best effects are to put the bigger ornaments on the lower 2/3 of the tree, and smaller ones nearer the top. What you choose to use for tinsel is up to you, and you can also choose whatever garland you choose. Tinsel or bead garlands work best.

And, be prepared for it to look stupid the first time. Usually, you will underestimate how many lights or ornaments you need. A common mistake is to get only a couple of strings of lights and expect that to look good, and buy 3 or 4 dozen ornaments in only 2 or 3 types. Usually, this will result in a wimpy tree that seems to be sparse on lights and decorations. You are also going to have lopsided ornaments (putting too many on one side), but this can be fixed by moving them or buying more. If the tree is 2 meters tall, you are probably going to easily fit more than 100 ornaments and 12 boxes of lights, and still find room for more.

If you find yourself under-decorated the first year, do not worry too much. Anything is better than going out in field circus and missing the fun of decorating a tree. But, you want to learn from your shortcomings. Note what seemed to be missing, as January is often a good time to order more. If you do only get 4 dozen ornaments and the tree looked only half done, you know you will probably need at least another 4 dozen (preferably different kinds). Keep finding where the tree falls short, keep adding to it where needed, and within a few years your trees will look much better. All the while, those still worshiping joke-hova will still have bare homes with nothing, and be worried that their looking at the displays will get them destroyed.

• steve2
    steve2

I bought my first Christmas tree last night. I’ve mended my ways. I used to steal them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit