Atheists and Christmas

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing about being free as an individual to think and critically evaluate things for yourself is that you can celebrate what you want to your proportionate desire and will.

As for Christmas I go light, the over commercialization is annoying as the old traditional Xmas songs, well lets just say its fun for the kids.

Visit a few friends go out for dinner, check out a few movies , shows.

The gift giving can be stressful so I try to make light of that as well.

To all JWN members have a happy stress free Holidays, treat yourself well, enjoy yourself

and don't get yourself stressed out about Christmas in itself.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What a shame we can't send proper Christmas cards to each other, those cheesy ecards just aren't the same.

• cofty
    cofty

Merry Christmas everybody

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Happy Christmas everyone.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Merry Christmas to all.

Mariah Carey circa 1994 would make an absolutely ideal prezzie - yummy!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Bumping for Punk' . .
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I'm like, really Christian. But even if I was atheist I know I would love Christmas. And the reason is... Its the perfect holiday. What to do during the bleakest, shortest days of the year, but celebrate light, warmth and family? It's making the time of year thats naturally depressing, the most wonderful time of the year! And it is actually successful at doing that!

Merry Christmas everyone.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NICOLAOU:

Very good post and Merry Christmas to you!

To me, Christmas is magical memories of childhood before I ever got involved with the hateful, sterile JW religion of bah-humbug!... These people just wanted to separate me from my family (the only people who care about me).

As an ex-JW, Christmas is a time to get in touch with or spend time with my family! I also enjoy the pleasant smells: evergreen trees, bright colors, lights, candles, greeting cards, music, decorations, presents and great food!

It is a feast for all your senses!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    We can give up Christmas if Christians that give all credit to God will give up doctors and medicines and stick with prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit