My first post....

by Urpi 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Urpi
    Urpi

Hello, After one year of lurking I finally decided to write, introduce myself and tell my short story . After being JW for more than 20 years, one year and 4 months ago, my husband read some news in Internet. It was the UN affair….. I can’t use any more words that have been already used to express what it ment to us to discover what we did. We couldn’t believe it at first so we decided to investigate the whole thing. We tried to discover that “it was a lie” “that could not be true”. Instead, we discovered what everybody knows now…. At first we kept going to the KH but after some months we didn’t want to go any more. Not only because of the UN affair, but because everthing we had discovered after our complete investigation. All my family are JWs and we shared with them and some “good friends” what we had found out. Of course, we lost most of our friends. Some of our friends were disfellowshiped and my husband and I feel that we are being hunted by some elders, even though we are not attending the meetings any more. We know that they think we are apostates (are we?) and all they want is proof to take action. I must confess that I do not want to be DF´ed. I have some real friends and now I know who they are. Some in my family know everything and they feel just like me but others do not, and I don’t want to lose them either. We have children and we love Jehovah and his son and the bible. We keep reading our bible every day as a family and these year for the first time we are going to celebrate the Memorial by ourselves…. The future I can’t tell. However, I feel we did the right thing when we decided to investigate in spite of what we could find out. My screen name “Urpi” means “Dove” in the language of the Inkas (quechua) and my native language is spanish so I apologize for any mistakes. I will keep on lurking and from time to time I will post. Have a nice day you all. Sincerely, Urpi

• Sargon
    Sargon

Welcome Urpi,

The UN story opened alot of eyes. Keep digging you may find more.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Urpi....and welcome.

Nice to hear your story and to hear of another example of the media and us awful apostates pointing out some unknown truths about the Organisation. I too lurked a long while before posting. I look forward to hearing more from you and your mate.

Gumby

• Swan
    Swan

WELCOME URPI!

I was out of the org for 8 years before I found out about the UN thing. That really knocked me for a loop too. I just couldn't believe it at first, but I saw the documents for real with my own two eyes. A trusted friend whom I had known for years wrote the UN and showed me their response on UN letterhead! WOW! And they wouldn't let us kids join the student council!

I'm glad you made it here. I look forward to hearing more of your story.

Tammy

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hiya Urpi!

Welcome to the board! (By the way, the English was better than my own, so keep up the lovely posts)

However, I feel we did the right thing when we decided to investigate in spite of what we could find out.
    You absolutely did the right thing!! Keep digging, keep reading...and let the healing begin. I hope things get worked out for you in the long run so you can keep in contact with your friends and family.
  • Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

URPI

Welcome, I to lurked for some time, but have found it so helpful to express myself and chat to others about my fellings.

Once again Welcome,

DUO

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome to the board Urpi. We were just discussing the etymology of the word burp on this board. Turns out, it has to do with Quechua folklore regarding the peaceful feeling one gets after burping. With the dove symbolizing peace, it's not hard to see how urpi begat burpi fromwhence came burp. You learn something new everyday, eh? What's the Inkan word "arti" mean?

Six- don't believe a word I say class

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Urpi,

I should warn you about sixofNine. He's a sick man with no friends and has warts all over him. Don't let him get in your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome Urpi,

<pay no mind to silly men on this board. They are just trying to get some female attention>

I don't blame you that you don't want to be df'd. But remember they cannot effect your relationship with God. That's between you and God.

As far as being apostates, well even Jesus was against God's arrangement in his day because they had strayed so far from the truth. Just little legalist. (Judaisers) So do what is best for you and your family.

j2bf

• Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit