Michael Jackson.....again!

by ScoobySnax 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Well now I can't make my mind up...!! (whats new) Over her in the UK, SkyOne has just aired the Michael Jackson side of the documentary from Martin Bashir....you know the one where MJ is filming Bashir interviewing him, a kind of a me watching you watching me thing. While I've always thought MJ has lost the plot a bit, I do like his music, and this new film totally contradicted the original Bashir documentary. It just made me think a bit about how much things said can be taken out of context by sneaky editing and crafty paraphrasing. The first docu. made MJ look totally weird and dangerous, the second made Bashir look like a coniving prat and MJ quite a nice bloke, amazing how sometimes the truth of something can be covered up by those willing to portray that which they want others to see, but may not nessesarlly be the truth and vice versa......or something like that. Oh and Bugger!!! I missed Coronation Street, didn't Tricky Dicky get his come-uppance tonight? can't believe I missed that!!

Scott-of the get out more- class

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    It just made me think a bit about how much things said can be taken out of context by sneaky editing and crafty paraphrasing.
    amazing how sometimes the truth of something can be covered up by those willing to portray that which they want others to see, but may not nessesarlly be the truth and vice versa

Are you trying to say something about "apostates" with this post? If so, can you be more specific, perhaps provide some examples?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Regardless of how nice he seems, as has been pointed out in previous threads, he is stupid to put himself in a position to be taken advantage of.

Plus, he kissed Bubbles on the lips....that is pretty gross. He also said Bubbles used his toilet....hmmm, I am surprised that no one asked if he slept wth Bubbles

I thought is was pretty funny that the reason he won't admit to plastic surgery is because he has been made fun of....he is picked on according to him.

His parents were interesting....his mother defended "use the rod" somewhere in what she said. I would guess the beatings my mother inflicted were no worse than he got. Many JW kids were/are beaten...

Since his main defenders were his ex-wife, his make up artist and his camera man, I am thinking that they could not come up with a whole lot of people who can defend his actions.

He was so cute when he was young...now he is a freak of his own making.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

If I knew how to edit I would....

One more thing....of course the reporter was going to suck up and say nice things to him....reporters who insult celebrities usually don't get invited back over 8 months.

He is 44, sleeps with children other than his own, and thinks everyone else has a problem...the guy needs heavy psychotherapy, preferably with Dr. Phil....he would open his can of whoop ass and tell him what he needs to hear.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Now honestly DantheMan.....paranoia is starting to show itself. I'm sure you wouldn't apply my description about that show with you or any that post here. Let me remind you the title of the post was "Michael Jackson...again". Oh thats unless you caught tonights episode of Corrie.....like I said I missed it....did you see it??

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

OK, apologies.

I thought you were making a veiled swipe.

• happyout
    happyout

I guess I am in the minority that thinks, while Michael Jackson is weird, he is also harmless. I thought the Fox Channel's report showed some vital footage that was left out, for instance, when he took his children to the zoo and they were mobbed, Michael told Martin Bashir that he had been told the zoo would be closed. That was a pretty freaking important thing to leave on the cutting room floor, especially when you are accusing someone of putting their children in danger. Also, Michael's insistence that he has only had two surgeries (while probably untrue) takes on a different light when you remember he was burned really badly several years ago, and had to undergoe "reconstructive" surgery. That is something that should have been in the first report to present a truly unbiased look at how his appearance has changed. It is very possible that he does not consider those surgeries, or any follow ups for them, to be "plastic surgery".

Doubtless, both programs had their own spin, but I think it's good that they aired "Michael's Side" so the public can see how duplicitous Martin Bashir was in his presentation.

And before anyone asks, HELL NO I would not allow my children to sleep with him. I would allow them to spend the day at Neverland, though.

• Simon
    Simon

I heard he's going to court (like he does with everyone) to stop them showing more footage of him that is supposedly pretty damning. We'll have to see. I am not the least bit surprised that someone doing an expose had to lie a bit and flatter the subject to get the information they wanted. It does not make what he said true.

More importantly ...

... I CANT BELIEVE YOU MISSED CORRIE !!!

Tricky Dicky got found out by Gail (lots of tears and chin wobbling) and he admitted the murders. Apparently he's set to make a return ...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Happy.....no I'm with you on this one......I cringed the most when Bashir said in the original broadcast programme that he thought Neverland was a dangerous place for children to be, but on the un-edited said that he thought it was such a beautiful place for children to be, full of innocence that "made him weep" ....lol there's hypocricy for ya!!!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

But Simon.....has he taped the children up yet with masking tape in the back of his new space cruiser, I saw it in the Sunday Mirror.......by the way we're talking of Tricky Dicky here not MJ......lol ... and Gail never had a chin to wobble anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit