Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Force For Good In The Community?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sadly, and with the exception of those few compassionate individual JWs who ignore the WT's put-down of charitable giving and doneate anyway, the answer must be NO. By and large, they're parasitic takers from Society, a mindset that results inevitably from their incessantly inculcated, unjustifiably self-righteous contempt for everyone but themselves.

• Valis
    Valis

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1998/8/22/article_01.htm

This is what they call being good for the community...(its also the only thing that comes up when you search for "charity" on watchtower.borg...one blood machine in 200 years is surely deserving of a pat on the back...organizationally they do nothing...my mother has done some work for the United Way and other charities involved in research on Down's Syndrome....if my sister hadn't been born with DS I doubt she would have ever become involved..and like caballosentando's thread about the baby who busted the melon wide open, it takes a big slap in the face to get them to recognize that there are people who need help and lots of real orgs that make a difference...or to get involved for that matter..AND that issues cannot be dismissed or boiled down to this bible verse or that...the complexity of life and the reality of death is something they have no clue about for sure..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

7 reasons listed: 1 We teach people to live by Bible standards of morality 2 We teach honesty and respect for authority 3 We teach harmony between races, nationalities and social groups 4 We help others to improve their family life by encouraging them to apply Bible principles 5 We have taught thousands how to read and write 6 We extend ourselves to help others in times of disaster 7 We have been instrumental in securing religious freedoms that are enjoyed by all.

• minimus
    minimus

You know, after re-reading those 7 reasons, I am CONVINCED that if Jehovah's Witnesses were not in our community, our world would have been awful.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Force For Good in the Community?

Yes.

So is Anthrax, Genocide, Thermonuclear Weapons, Mustard Gas, Sarin and Patricide.

The question is not defined properly, therefore my answer is just as silly as is your question. In certain contexts my answer is perfectly appropriate. In others, it is hideously barbaric.

Sarme with your question.

Farkel, keeping them thinking, CLASS

• minimus
    minimus

"sarme with your question"......The question is originally from this month's KM. It isn't one of my orighinalsd.

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

We do not yet have the ability to edit our typos, so your comments were silly.

My answer still stands: The question is so general as to make it meaningless. (Is there something about this you do not understand?)

YES, Jehovah's Witnesses are a good force in the Community. I don't dispute that. They teach their members to be law abiding, moral and to live "clean" lives (whatever THAT means).

NO, Jehovah's Witnesses are not a good force in the Community. They are a selfish, materialist Cult, which teaches their people hate, intolerance, and force them into compliance with religious rules upon the pain of shunning.

As I said, the question is too general, and that's why the WTS phrased it that way: they trust their members to be so stupid as to not dissect it as I just did.

And if you don't like my typos, Minimus, then I've got other typos you might like.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

I TOTALLY AGREE, FARKEL!!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

1 We teach people to live by Bible standards of morality “

We are a closed society who meets several times a week for repeated indoctrination sessions to teach JW members only. If the community at large wants to be taught those high standards, they can sign up for an in-home Bible study.

2 We teach honesty and respect for authority

Except where that authority conflicts with our cultic beliefs. Then we teach deception. We teach people who have been sexually violated to not go to legal authorities. We harbor criminals.

3 We teach harmony between races, nationalities and social groups

Right, Jehovah doesn’t care what nationality you are when he kicks ass at Armageddon. As long as you’re a JW, your safe regardless of your nationality

4 We help others to improve their family life by encouraging them to apply Bible principles

We i mprove family life as long as each and every person in the family fully accepts the WT doctrine. If not, we teaching shunning, disrespect, deceit, and to always put family far below dedication to the JWs

5 We have taught thousands how to read and write

The reason? For the sole purpose of their understanding and accepting JW doctrine.

6 We extend ourselves to help others in times of disaster

Of course, that extension of help is limited to JWs facing disaster. Then, we go out of our way to publicize our good works. And imply WE are the only people who come to others' aid.

7 We have been instrumental in securing religious freedoms that are enjoyed by all.

Except that we are the only ones with the truth; all others are lies and damned before Jehovah. We are only concerned with OUR religions freedom, but we'll exploit our hard won battles to make it look as though it's benefitting other religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit