Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Force For Good In The Community?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The March KM has 7 reasons why Jehovah's Witnesses are "a force for good in the community". Can you guess any of them???

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They provide a gathering place for pedophiles, thus keeping them off of the street?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Minimus,

Hmm...can I take a stab at it? I bet the Society said something like this: "Jehovah's witnesses help families draw closer together by directing them to follow the guidlines in the Bible. We assist those who are downtrodden and depressed, bettering their lives through our Bible study program. We offer free public meetings for all those in need of encouragment......" Blah, blah, blah.

Almost all churches do this. Do the JWs have any real programs for the sick? For drug abusers? Clinics? Social activities for families and the elderly? Schools? I think not.

B

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s activly destroy familys with the direction and blessing of the WBTS.There is no community without familys..JW`s are not good for much,especialy the community...OUTLAW

• ballistic
    ballistic

errr...

The united brotherhood of young ones is able to save much time and money by following the faithfull and discreet's fine wisdom in putting off a worldly education in favour of kingdom interests. This is certainly giving a fine witness and helping the community at large by providing seats at universities and colleges for youths who will actually follow careers and pay taxes to provide for you in retirement!!!

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Mini:

A force for good.....let's see..........thinking........thinking...........

I know! They help boost the local economy by stopping at various eateries for that much needed "cold" drink on those boiling hot days in service, or that "donut and coffee" between the door to door work and going on return calls. Yup, that's it.

Mrs. Shakita

• Mary
    Mary

They contribute greatly to Tim Horton's Donut shop on Wednesday and Saturday mornings!

• freedom96
    freedom96

JW's don't do squat for the community.

• Gerard
    Gerard

They woke me up twice on weekends. I can live without that.

Never seen them volunteering for social/comunity events.

• blondie
    blondie

3. We teach harmony between the races, nationalities and social groups.

That reminds me of one congregation I was in that was 50% white and 50% black. Yearly, there would be a special needs talk about the need to improve racial harmony in the congregation. Do you think it was between blacks and whites? Wrong. It was about lighter skinned blacks discriminating against the darker blacks. So much for racial harmony.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit