Got this letter

by Yesterdays Child 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

Throughout the years after having come to know through your marriage to my daughter you have been a very kind and thoughtful person, sometimes more than my own son. I don't think that a mother-in-law could want a finer person for a son than you. However, it is very unfortunate that I will have to change the way that I will relate to you now and in the future. As you are very well aware my loyalty to Jehovah is very important to me and comes before anything and anyone.

If I am in your home to see my grandchildren and daughter I will give you respect:; But I will not be able to socialize with you nor eat with you again. Your co-operation in this will certainly be appreciated. And if you would rather that I not come to your home I will certainly understand that also and will comply accordingly in which they can come see me.

So once again I want to say thankyou very much for all the concern you have shown me in the past and maybe one day we will be able to communicate openly and without reservation,for you did become a son to me.

With Love, your mom in law

You can only think how pissed I was Most son in laws only wish that there inlaws do this YESSSSS

• Celia
    Celia

Wow ! that's one loyal to the Borg mother-in-law.... Just doing as she is told....

Question to you : were you a JW ? Have you DA yourself ? Have you been DF ? Are your wife and kids still in ?

It is so sad....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    If I am in your home to see my grandchildren and daughter I will give you respect:; But I will not be able to socialize with you nor eat with you again. Your co-operation in this will certainly be appreciated.

I hope you make her aware that with such an arrogant attitude, she will never again be in your home.

And if you would rather that I not come to your home I will certainly understand that also and will comply accordingly in which they can come see me.

Perhaps you could also enlighten her that while her daughter is an adult and can do as she wishes, you are the head of your household (as confirmed in a recent Watchtower magazine) and that one of the consequences of her decision to shun you is that she will never see her grandchildren again.

Why should the pain go in only one direction?

Expatbrit

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

Df 26 years ago Married 13 years to her daughter who was not a jw until 4 years after we were married.

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

She can't even pull in my driveway now

I told her that the next time she visit her son in prison for killing someone just remember why you can't speak to me .

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I told her that the next time she visit her son in prison for killing someone just remember why you can't speak to me .

Ewwww, good one!!

How does your wife feel about this?

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

What i don't get is why after 26yrs of being df why is this a concern now?

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

She didn't like it but I told her that she can go live with her too.

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

Me too Hamp

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

She'll show you respect when she's in your home? How thoughtful of her. The obvious implication is that she is not going to show you respect outside of it. Which in a nutshell is what shunning is. Incredibly DISRESPECT.

I'd be mad beyond belief. And I would make it clear that hope she took a good look at your home the last time she was here, because she's not going to see it again with that attitude.

I know some people take a very open minded view of wacko JWs who put "jehovah" before their families. And btw, who want to have their cake and eat it to. Who expect it's perfectly normal for them to shun you and basically treat you with disrespect, while YOU let them do what they darn well please. Take whatever shred of a relationship you can get on THEIR terms. Sorry, mom. You've got plenty of loving "family" members, including children, in your "loving" organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit