I have doubts... can you help me??- A new idea

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

Remember that people as highly controlled as JWs do not always react logically. By expressing doubts in front of 2 elders and challenging their beliefs you go from spiritually sick to apostate before you can blink.

What may be a ploy is to use family worship night to explore different areas of JW belief that you have issues with. E.g look up quoted sources in magazines and literature to see what the full quote says. Look at JW facts for some ideas of areas to tackle. Present it as a faith strengthening exercise rather than a destruction campaign. Always appear surprised when negative conclusions are drawn. If you challenge JWs directly they cling to the organisation since that is what they are programmed to do.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

It might be hard to do, but remember that you are an individual lover of God first - and a member of the religion second.

Churches tend to have their protocols such as "shepherding calls" - which by their definition attribute a certain status to the one they are calling on - but you are a lover of God, and whatever they may have as their labels are nothing to do with you.

The watchtower is rich and powerful and massive, but the smallest person who is a lover of God - whatever his problems, whatever his flaws - is greater in God's eyes than a man-made church. You love God, yes...? then let can you let that love override the church's bluster - a creation of men, not of God? Whatever they tacitly threaten to take away, you will find elsewhere - except without the stringent controls upon you!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Thanks for the info all.

Avts5: I'm not a lover of god. I'm an atheist.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Forgive me - I misread your post when you spoke of being considered "apostate". If you sincerely do not believe, then I won't try to change your sincerity.

All the same, your unconfined manner must surely be noticed eventually, because there is something very un-natural, very claustrophobic in religions which tell one what to believe. People can't be in the company of someone who is normal without eventually noticing and wondering why they themselves do not feel that sense of freedom.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Have you tried brunging her in a wheelbarra?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit