I have doubts... can you help me??- A new idea

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I have been perplexed as to how to brung my wife out of jws and to exit the religion... but I had an idea last night. I know that elders will legitimantly meet with brothers who have doubts and encourage them... not df them .. this is a sheperding call etc.

Thus since my wife knows I have doubt s i could say: I want to have two brother over to discuss this ... she will agree...

Of course I will hit these guys with biblical textual issues, an biology to where they are stunned and still ask... "So brothers... can you solve this conflict...?"

In this case they will not think of me as an apostate but may question their own beliefs...

Meanwhile I will explain thatthe elders didn't help me... they were dumbfounded... thus maybe opening a window to science...

Any suggestions on this idea?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I thought you were going to hit her with the facts that the god of the bible is just and idol found at Ugarit as well as other things that blow the whole bible thing up. I was hoping you would give us her response.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    Crazyguy I was but after advice from here not to I gave up... Also during our moht on vacation we drew closer together as a couple ... from a marriage that was fuctioning to a marriage thriving... so right now I have her trust... I need to replan as such... Now I plan to show the elders this... they will try to confirm all this and help me as their manuel says... but... well they are wrong.... when my wife sees the elders give upI' hoping plan A will work
  • Simon
    Simon

It's a risky strategy but I can tell you that what convinced my wife that I was right was when the elders came round and couldn't answer the questions I raised and resorted to "don't tell anyone else - shut up or else" threats.

• kairos
    kairos
    Actually sounds mildly entertaining.
    I wish I would have done that.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    If they are like most elders they won't be understanding, they will turn it into a chance to hang you. It all depends on your relationship with these men and their mood. If they have been listening to the GB's most recent rants on apostates I fear you will be pushing the dagger into your own heart. Its up to you to decide. Me? I wouldn't bother. In the end, you know best. Good luck.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This idea could work but you'll have to plan well. What I mean is the first time an elder came over to speak with me on the subject of who really are Christians the 144k or all of us, my wife was present. He then made a statement that made it seem that I was wrong because I hand not covered that specific point he made in my paperwork. This statement was easily refuted at the next meeting but by then the wife had heard enough at the first meeting to reinforce her beliefs and was no longer present at any of the other meetings. In fact I think they instructed her to remove herself and the kids while we spoke. So you must have all your information ready and be prepared for any thing they may say. It would also be important that she was there and you kept emotion out of it.

Remember one slip up on your part is all it will take to reinforce her beliefs and you'll get no second chances.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Could be dangerous...all it takes for them is to end the conversation with: "Do you still believe the GB is Gods spirit directed FDS forcefeeding truth to Jehovah's holy people?" and their sheperding call changes into an apostate search and destroy party.

I entertained the same plan for the same reason for a while, but for me the difficulties (mostly for my wife) of being DFed are not outweighed. I plan on bringing my wife out gradually without 'help' from the elders.

So only do this if you are willing to take the risk of being DFed.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Try her/the the elders with this "doctrine" which creates the Org's 2-tier Christianity.

Here's what the Org teaches about the New Covenant and its participants:

jr chap. 14 p. 169 par. 4 You Can Benefit From the New Covenant"To understand the new covenant, we first have to grasp the purpose of the former one, the Law covenant.".....But who would be in this new covenant and gain that forgiveness?...That proved to be "the Israel of God," composed of Christians anointed with holy spirit......What of those who are not [directly] in the new covenant, the "other sheep," who hope to live forever on earth? In a sense, they are like the alien residents in Israel, who accepted and benefited from the Mosaic Law.

w83 3/15 p. 8 Who Should Partake? "So with the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, a "new covenant" was put in force. What was the ‘old,’ or "former," covenant that it replaced?......This was the Law covenant. It was made with the nation of Israel shortly after they escaped captivity in Egypt. Moses was the mediator of that covenant made between Jehovah God and the Israelites (just as Jesus is the "mediator of a new covenant"). But it is noteworthy that there was a vast mixed company of non-Israelites who escaped from Egypt along with the Israelites. And although they enjoyed benefits as a result of this covenant, they were not included in it. There is a similar situation with the new covenant. Only Christians referred to as "the Israel of God" are taken into this covenant with Jehovah God. However, there is a "great crowd" of other Christians, referred to by Jesus as his "other sheep." Although these enjoy benefits from the new covenant, they are not included in it."

Here's what the Bible really teaches:

(Deuteronomy 29:10-15) "All of you are stationed today before Jehovah your God, the heads of your tribes, your elders, your officers, every man of Israel, 11 your children, your wives, and your foreign resident who is in the midst of your camp, from the one gathering your wood to the one drawing your water. 12 You are here in order to enter into the covenant of Jehovah your God and his oath, which Jehovah your God is making with you today 13 in order that he may establish you today as his people and that he may be your God, just as he has promised you and just as he swore to your forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 14 "Now it is not with you alone that I am making this covenant and this oath, 15 but it is with those standing here with us today before Jehovah our God and with those who are not here with us today."

To reinforce what Moses wrote, Ruth and Rahab (two non-Israelite false-god worshippers) became full members of the nation of Israel and full participants of the Law Covenant - and as such, their respective offspring all gained inheritances within that nation.

This is confirmed by the fact that both of them were assimilated into the tribe of Judah and became direct ancestors of Jesus Christ. If both women were not fully Israelites, then Christ's lineage was corrupted by these women.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

These days, their radar will be cracked up to 11.

They will totally think you're an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit