Jesus Creates a Monster

by fulltimestudent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• titch
    titch

That video of the Komodo dragons had me wondering? Who was doing the videoing of that incident, and how did they get so close without being attacked also? Just wondering about that.

Anyway, viewing that, it further underscores in my mind the fact that surviving in the "animal kingdom" is gross, disgusting and despicable. I mean, animals that are carnivorous don't even kill the victim first, and drag it off to their abode, cut it up into fine pieces, start a fire, roast it, pour barbecue sauce on it, and then consume it, taking the time to enjoy the flavor of their meal. Noooooo, they eat it raw, right there, while the other animal that is being eaten is still living, to some extent. And, they just "gulp it down" without taking the time to enjoy the meal. Gross, disgusting. And, some would say that that is all god's master plan for animals to survive. Nice plan, eh? Best Regards, All...

Titch.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

So Sea Breeze, may I ask a question about your belief in a biblical paradise that existed before human sin? Genesis 1:30 does indeed claim that the biblical god created a 'perfect' paradise in which ALL living things were herbivores.

My question is, if that is true, that no animal would have been equipped to be a carnivore, so why then are certain life forms equipped to be carnivores, in particular komodo dragons. Other reptiles - crocodiles and snakes - also are ill-equipped to be herbivores. So what would crocodiles and snakes have eaten in that imaginary paradise?

A further question is, just when did the YHWH/Jesus combo create the toxic substances that the komodo dragon uses to kill its prey? Was it before 'sin' entered the world or after? If before, was he using his supposed foresight (something the WT argues he did not) or was it afterwards, which would conflict with the claimed 'rest day'?

Let's take this opportunity to look more closely at poisonous snakes. These snakes have a reservoir of poison, ducts to the fangs, and most interestingly, fangs with an internal duct through which their poison can be injected into their victim. Was that all 'created' before or after 'sin'?

I also wish to refer you to Psalm 104.21 - "The lions roar for their prey, and seek their food from God. (NIV)" So does yhwh or jesus feed other animals to lions? If yhwh feeds lions, why cant he feed deer to komodo dragons or leopards to crocodiles or humans to sharks?

Another question arise out of this discussion. 2 Peter 2:12 (NWT-LP) compares some men to "unreasoning animals born naturally to be caught and destroyed" Peter believes something you don't accept.

Animals, Peter says "naturally' get caught and destroyed. Why so?

Thank you in advance for your response.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

More things to consider in my response to Sea Breeze's claim that the mythical yhwh/jesus creative combo, only created 'good things' and in that mythical time of 'goodness' and peace, animals ate vegetation.

Here's a quick overview of the diet of big cats like lions: Tigers and lions are both obligate carnivores, which means that they need nutrients which are only present in meat and cannot survive without eating meat as their primary form of sustenance. It also means that their digestive systems are incredibly bad at breaking down plant matter and turning it into useful material. Feeding them a vegan diet would make them very sick, and then very dead. Could they be vegetarians in a hypothetical world as described in Genesis 1? Such a diet would likely result in a very sick lion and death.

But I am imagining that possibly you know more about this topic than I do. so again I ask you to respond and prove that carnivorous animals that kill to live were designed by yhwh/jesus to be vegetarians.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    That video of the Komodo dragons had me wondering? Who was doing the videoing of that incident, and how did they get so close without being attacked also? Just wondering about that.

Hey Titch I don't know about that particular video, but I have seen some cameramen having to scarper pretty sharpish when filming near some Komodo dragons one time!!! Even though they appear to move slowly! (I expect, tho', because they bite then come back or track the victim until the poison takes effect, they are more focused on their victim than some skinny cameraman).

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

FTS,

It sounds like you have already made up your mind about what is imaginary, mythical, magical etc. There is no sense badgering one another on issues like this. I respect your opinion to believe that the world has been pretty much the same since the beginning. That's why I haven't responded. I have found out that getting the last word is not necessary.

But, since you went out of your way to private message me to respond, I will post some links that may provide some additional food for thought on the question:

Does the savagery of predation in nature show that God either doesn't exist, or at least isn't good-hearted?

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/pred1.html

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/pred2.html

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/pred3.html

• titch
    titch

Folks: I DO realize, that in the "animal kingdom", the animal world, all animals act by "instinct", and their whole role is to eat, sleep, poop, and have sex and reproduce. They don't have a conscience, or think or reason on matters. So, that's "Intelligent Design" for ya. But, then again...There are many human beings, past and present who don't have a conscience. Best Regards, Everyone.

Titch.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Thank you, Sea Breeze, for responding. For me, it's not an issue of having a particular mind-set. My desire is to live an evidence based life. An idea for which there is little evidence has to be left in the 'grey zone.' All of us once made the mistake of NOT really attempting to analyse the concepts presented to us by the jws. I hope I never make that mistake again.

I will consider the evidence you suggest

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Titch,

These references may be of interest to you.

https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691126364/do-animals-think

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/11/171101151206.htm

You could then think about the implications those articles have for 2 Peter 2:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit