Jesus Creates a Monster

by fulltimestudent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I recently found this image of Jesus, with a caption, a reminder of past stupidity in believing that KIND, LOVING JESUS, would (on behalf of old YHWY) look after me when he 99% of the people on this earth.

N,B. In case you're wondering I found it on a Pinterest page.

Proverbs 8, of course. personifies wisdom - and the passages are controversial and the subject of some academic analysis (e.g. = https://www.jstor.org/stable/27638373?seq=1 ) - but to our former, hold spirit filled brothers there is no doubt that the text refers to Jesus in his pre-human existence. You can link that image, if you like, with the common church hymn which children are taught, that starts with the words, "gentle Jesus meek and mild.)

So in both the churches and the JWs, Jesus is so wonderful - but is there another side to him - a side that is more psychotic?

Consider the video in the next post.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Before you view the video, think! If Proverbs 8: 22-30 is true (and the witnesses say its true, would not the 'works' of Jesus reflect his love and compassion?

Well, think about what Jesus is supposed to have made - with YJWH's approval. (nd sensitive people - likely including the little children that sing church hymns, maybe shouldn't watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FyFPwHriKI

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The Komodo dragons live on an island in Indonesia. Their saliva is so poisonous that they usually bite their victim and wait for it to collapse.

If you've been a JW, do you really want to pat and cuddle one of these animals in the new system?

So think it over - could the biblical loving god YHWH or his loving son Jesus really be the creator of such monsters?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about smaller animals that do even more damage? I refer to such as fleas, mosquitoes, and all those viruses that just cause disease without doing any good. (And this thing they call god is no better than those parasites.) Even going as far as to steal all pagan entities to create this fictitious jesus thing, just to serve as the archetype of the perfect slave.

And now, we are all becoming just like this fictitious thing called jesus. This is the source of all political correctness, all willful stupidity, and ultimately your enslavement under communism.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That was hard viewing FTS . I hate animal cruelty in any form.

Every living thing on this planet does so by the mostly violent death of another living thing.

God is love ? I don`t think so ,and neither can Jesus be as it means he has been complicit in all of the atrocious things God has done in the Old Testament.

That is ,if you believe in th Bible in the first place.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I remember spewing this view onto a householder one day in field service.

Me: "And so you see maam, many bible experts believe this is talking about Jesus at the beginning of time..."

Her: "Oh dear child, I don't know of anybody who believes that. This is talking about the personification of wisdom"

Me Thinking: (Oh, I guess they were wrong on this just like they were on 1975 and every other prediction they ever made)

"Ok, have a nice day".

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The fact is, He did not create that kind of world. At the conclusion of God's six days of creating and making all things, He placed it all under man's dominion and then pronounced it all to be "very good" (Genesis 1:26,28,31).

So think it over - could the biblical loving god YHWH or his loving son Jesus really be the creator of such monsters?

Of course not. In the world Jesus created, there was nothing bad, no hunger, no struggle for existence, no suffering, and certainly no death of animal or human life anywhere in God's perfect creation (plant "life," created as food for men and animals, does not "die" in the Biblical sense). There was no carnivorous activity at that time, for God had said: "And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat, and it was so" (Genesis 1:30).

It is enslaved under what the Bible calls "the bondage of corruption" (Romans 8:21). In fact, we see "that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now" (Romans 8:22). It is certainly not the "very good" creation that it was when God first finished creating and making it.

Michael Ruse, sees the problem better than most Christians.

Either humankind is in a state of original sin or it is not. If it is, then there was reason for Jesus to die on the cross. If it is not, Calvary has as much relevance as a gladiator's death in the Coliseum.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Me personally I believe in a Creator. But what kind of a Creator?

People want to believe God has a plan for all of us.

But God's a kid with an ant farm, He's not planning anything.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@fulltime student - you thought Komodo Dragons were bad, lol …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-8l-7guF84

• jhine
    jhine

Sea Breeze , that's what l was thinking as l read the op . I said on another thread that l think of it like an IT person creating a perfect programme then a rival finds a way to put a virus in to corrupt it .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit