What I Remember From The Past...

by titch 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

If I was disfellowshipped and the elders wanted to visit me:

I would insist that they were all clean shaven and wearing smart suit, shirt and tie, as MY STANDARDS of respectable dress and grooming (Like jehovah's) have never changed..

• Yomama
    Yomama
    Does anyone know why ted jaraz life store is not in the watchtower
  • ElderBerry
    ElderBerry
    Does anyone know why ted jaraz life store is not in the watchtower

An obvious reason comes to mind. There is at least one man who claims he was molested by him when he was a boy. Just after the alleged crime Ted was suddenly and unexpectedly moved away from the area of alleged incident

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The pendulum has swung this way and that over the years in the treatment of the d/fd .

I well remember those WT articles that said it would be wrong to leave one stranded if their car broke down. Some oldies of my acquaintance still hold that view despite the WT going more hard line. In recent years attitudes toughened towards them , now we ares seeing a softening of the line. Mind you, that 3 month reinstatement is a bit of a joke . Out after Christmas but back for the memorial!

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo
    that 3 month reinstatement is a bit of a joke . Out after Christmas but back for the memorial!

Yes it is a bit of a joke. And during that 90 days people can still talk to you.

• Gorb
    Gorb

It's not the religion of my youth years (70's / 80's), anymore.

The 70's, I remember the joy my parents had within the congregation. Party's, holidays and social events all together.

I remember the early 80's, the gray cloudy doctrinal years following 1975.

Then the stirring up with the You can live for ever book. We would never die in this system.

Then the early 90's when the world changed, east and west came together and the watchtower society became more liberal with a doctrinal mess, changes made by the new governing body with Henschel and Jaracs.

The 1995 generation change was the end of my believe. I saw the bigger picture with some good higher educated friends. Became PiMo without knowing it.

The 00's became the years of my strugle. Became PoMo in 2008. Since then better then ever.

At the end of this term, the governing body became hosts of jw broadcasting. And it became clear they are full of nonsense.

Now, in the 20's, seeing jw.org strugling with some odd changes. It's all about their long term survival and the legal and financial position.

Things will never change.

So, I think the early 70's were the best years. And the light variant of jw.org now, is not bad for the more liberal witness.

Looking back I have some sad moments about it, it could have be nice, but it became all a hugh disapointment.

G.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, in retrospect, Jaracz really turned the religion into something miserable.

I like to imagine him and Rutherford as cellmates in Hell, being forced to watch a live video feed of their respective legacies being flushed down the toilet.

😏

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Scenic viewer I remember a Circuit Overseer asking that exact question in one of his talks, but his answer was different. What did he say? 'Someone else will be along to help that person.'

Oh brother! How can a so-called Christian not see the resemblance of his words to the behaviour of the priest and Levite in Jesus' parable of "the good Samaritan"??

I do remember the era of families being allowed to talk to DF relatives...only no spiritual association. That was the mid 70s. Then the rule about DA ones being enforced. I knew there was an 'apostate at Bethel' and learned the truth about Ray in the mid 2000s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit