IN THE NAVY

by josephus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• josephus
    josephus

Hi All

This week i did what ive allways wanted to do and joined the navy,,, well nany reserve is the best i can do right now.

Im waiting for all the tests now, but i just wanted your thoughts on the "moral rightness" of joining the military.

Im still gonna do it though!

cheers bigears

Josephus

• Navigator
    Navigator

It will be an interesting experience for you and you will learn a great deal. I served in the U.S. Air Force for 21 years so I don't have any moral qualms about serving.

• animal
    animal

Do it.... you will enjoy it.

I am in the midst of steering my kid and his friend that direction. It not only gives you much mental and physical strength, it also opens doors for your carreer later, usually.

I was in the Army, my job was demolitions and booby traps, not really a carreer gaining job for after the Army, but it was fun anyhow. The mental challenges were enjoyed, nit during, but after I left.

Animal

• talley
    talley

josephus, you have my admiration and gratitude. Thank You.

talley/Judy

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

JOSEPUS.

you will find real friends within your chosen field ,your strngths and weaknesess will be exposed you will allso mature very quickly,you will miss women,you will also fall in love have a girl in every port,see different lands and meet interesting people ,be prepared to start at the bottom ,giving you experience and pain but once through all the basic training and heartache you should come out fighting fit and very mature.one question though can you swim ???? SURE YOU CAN.

wish you well

agape love

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Josephus, I applaud your decision to join up, even if in he reserves. I served in the Army for 8 years myself, 5 of those overseas.

As for any "moral rightness," I see absolutely nothing wrong with serving ones country, morally or otherwise. I think more should join and get the "education" available through the travel and serving with so many others from all over.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

One of my favorite records (I'm a house dj) is entitled "Do What You Feel."

Everyone should pursue their dreams, that's my motto. If that's what you feel is right for you, then go for it. Personally if I had to choose I'd choose the Army because I'm not a big fan of being on boats for an extended period of time. :-P

As for the "moral rightness"....well...if you've decided already then hopefully you've thought it through several times over and are comfortable with the idea. My morality would make it hard for me to serve in the Armed Forces or to be a politician for that matter because I know the chances would be high that I would have to resort to doing something that I may not feel would be the appropriate thing to do, and in positions like those often times your opinion on a matter doesn't mean anything.

The armed forces protect our country and are very necessary, especially in these times. No doubt you will ALWAYS be appreciated for your efforts and bravery. Good luck my friend!!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Thank You, each and every one of you that are in the Military. I did not serve, and actually is now one of my regrets. I think I would have greatly benefitted from the experience.

Coon

• Englishman
    Englishman

Josephus, You'd better tell us which country's navy you've joined! Mike.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

top o' th' morn'n to ya joe me boy .. well polish me plank and hoist me mainbrase .. you tak'n the queens peny eh? :) goodluck and fair winds sailorboy ..

unc who can't splice on terra-firma let alone the seven wobbly seas .. [:)]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit