IN THE NAVY

by josephus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Societies, cultures, and nations all have the moral right to protect themselves. I wish I were young enough to join the military for a shorter or longer duration to acquit myself of the responsiblity to serve.

Jehovah's Witnesses of course will not serve, but they certainly do not hesitate to take advantage of the freedom and security in this country that has been purchased for them via the supreme sacrifice having been made by so many.

In further answering your question, I personally feel it is immoral not to serve - unspeakable not to serve and then to heap scorn on the very military that guarantees you the right to heap scorn in the first place.

Jesus Christ how I do despise the cult of JWs.

francois

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Josephus, all I can say is: be safe and be well. You've made your decision.

I come from a military family, with a brother who serves (Canadian Armed Forces; UN Peacekeeping) and many other relatives who serve in various capacities up here in Canada (army, navy, air force).

Not always at war, but when our army helps out its citizens in a time of crisis, I'm happy they are there. Building temporary shelters (or permanent too), getting goods and services in areas hit by disaster, and well the list goes on. I don't look at the army as a war machine, I look at it more of a community safety net that is nation wide.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

ps: (i can't find the edit button on this %$#! thing) .. Joseafish i look out nover the ocean everyday and the Australian government has just issued us with instructions to keep an eye out for any unusual activity along our coast. In light of this it might be best to hoist the Irish flag when sailing past these parts.

cheers! coaster watch'n unc

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Congratulations! I have recently been thinking of enlisting myself in Air Force Reserves. Not sure if I want to do that quite yet. I salute you though for joining up yourself.

Eric

• greven
    greven

E-man: Josephus, You'd better tell us which country's navy you've joined! Mike. The Swiss Navy rules suppreme! Never beaten! Have you ever defeated an enemy you didn't know existed? Just joking... Good on you! I hope you will find what you are looking for! My personal opinion? I wouldn't serve myself, but that's just me. If you know the Navy is what you want GO FOR IT!!! Greven

• Englishman
    Englishman

Greven,

You will be pleased to know that the Swiss do have a one-boat navy. It's moored off Lake Geneva.

What about the Bolivian Navy eh?

Englishman.

• greven
    greven

E-man!

Really? Where do I sign up!!

Bolivian Navy? Nah

Greven

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

We need more Semen. Oh, Seamen

Good luck and im sure you'll enjoy it

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oddly enough...yup, they have one.

It's on the land locked body of water called: Lake Titicaca. After losing some of their original territory to Peru, Bolivia now has a navy, albeit very small, stationed on the Bolivian shores of Lake Titicaca.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit