How Do You Enjoy Your Life Now???

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you add up all those meetings and the time it took to prepare those meetings, that added up to many hours a week. It was much more than 5 hours a week of meetings and 2 hours of field service.

When you calculate the time it took to prepare the meetings, the travelling back and forth, and everything else, it was like 20 hours a week.

No wonder why so many witnesses had burn-outs.

Religion shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 hours a week total.

Now, I'm happy and free.

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

Minimus..... do you actually still go to the meetings sometimes for FUN?

As for me, I have four kids, a business, and a soon to be ex-wife. Other than the "soon-to-be", life is fantastic.

I read self-help books. You know the funny thing is that the Borg seems to condemn those books more than they do drinking or anything else...... weird!!!! Heaven forbid any of us find out it is REALLY GREAT having an open mind!!!!

Brad

• Valis
    Valis
    I know that I am head over heels in love with Mozzer.

ah Jebus! Dammit woman do you have to be so happy all the time?!!!! *LOL* Oh and when are you two going to have another wedding so we can have another great day? I wish you and Mr. Billygoat were going to be around for March 1st, but I know you will be having a good time. Not enjoying your life!!!! I promise to make it up to both of you.....perhaps a nice dinner or something...ah crap!! more enjoying ourselves!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Went to college. Traveled around the world. Got married and had two beautiful children. Children I'd never force to go to 5 meetings a week and out in field service on weekends.

Life's there for the taking. I cannot begin to imagine my life with my children/family in the JW prison.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Don't want to write a LONG reply. Just thought I'd let you know that I stay very busy and I REALLY enjoy my life now!!!! There's so much more time to enjoy life, to reflect on all that has been given, and appreciate all those special people in my life who take an active part in it.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

My life is 10x better than it was before. Before I was depressed and miserable, now I am just depressed. LMAO

In all honesty, I am soooo glad to be out. I cannot fathom myself going back. I will do everything I can to help those who are in, to get out. I vow to be the best damn apostate I can be!

Eric

• blondie
    blondie

Well, minimus, my goals were met this week and I will not be attending meetings any more. My enjoyment factor of life went up 5 fold. The CO visiting this week was so abusive even you would not have found it amusing. After all the abuse I received from my family, I am chagrined that I did not see the abusive tone of the organization sooner. Do more, do more, you are nothing unless you do more. Ten meetings a week would suit this CO. Remember when there were 4 times the CO met with the congregation. The book study, the school and service meetings, the new things learned on Saturday, and the public talk and WT study with his closing talk. I wonder if he wants to go back to that schedule? Put his money where his mouth is!

We are enjoying spending more time with non-JW friends and family who are surprised buy enjoying our happier demeanor. We are even trying to meet more here on JWD and other ex-JWs without blowing our local cover of fadeaways as long as we can.

I surprised my husband with tickets to a show he has always wanted to go to but it is on Saturday mornings. It was like being on our honeymoon again.

So life has improved. I just have to figure how to get the WTs to do the WT Reviews.

Blondie

• Solace
    Solace

I enjoy my friends and loved ones.

I enjoy being able to think for myself and say what I feel.

I enjoy being able help people and actually make a living doing so.

Most of all, I enjoy finally being able to enjoy my life, withought feeling guilty or condemned.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, did things come to a head this past week by your own doing? Were you forced into making a decision because of the CO??? Btw, I was approached by an elder that actually began to cry because he said he missed me so much on the body and that I don't realize the good effect I had upon the whole congregation....I felt bad for him.

• blondie
    blondie

No, minimus, I had my fill of the CO at the circuit assembly. I was not there to imbibe of his poisonings this week. I was waiting for special food direct from the slave which came finally. My spouse reached his limit though.

We had a nice Sunday together in spite of my ailments. We look forward to many more.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit